The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

619 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'd be superb if Liverpool made our life a bit easier, but you're always made to work for positions at the top of the table.

We just need to focus on getting two more wins, which given our fixtures we've gone to pot if we don't.

Definitely this. I know it is new to us, but if we are ever going to win a league, there likely won't be a season where it is nailed on in April. We (to be fair, fan base rather than the team) have to get used to working for it and not hoping that other teams mess up. Imagine if we're in a head to head with Man City in a couple of years, where every single game is absolutely massive. It takes a massive mentality shift I agree, consider this training. If we don't make it, we go again and improve, as Liverpool did when they finally won it. Or we just stay consistent, and do it with the points total when Leicester did it. Both are fine to me. This isn't a one off season. 

6 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

We definitely have a worse set of fixtures than Liverpool.

Do we? They have Leicester away and Villa at home. Southampton is 3p. We have Leicester at home (huge advantage), Leeds away plus two games in hand. 

6 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

7pts is a big ask, I know there's a good vibe right now and lots of 'on the brink' stuff but it's asking a lot. 

We definitely have a worse set of fixtures than Man U, Liverpool.

Just have to hope Leicester (a) or Villa (h) finally help us out. And that these 1-0 wins takes the requirement down to 6pts.

A big ask, but Liverpool getting nine will be an absolute cake walk right?

You could easily select three of our fixtures that are the same difficulty as Liverpool's.

I don't even know why I'm arguing anymore to be honest. If Liverpool beat Leicester and we throw in two absolute stinkers v Arsenal and Leeds I might join you in purchasing a few pairs of adult nappies, but at the moment I'm just really fucking excited for what should be a belting game of football tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You could easily select three of our fixtures that are the same difficulty as Liverpool's.

This is a positive way of looking at the run ins tbf.

Arsenal and Brighton are the games in hand. The Leeds, Leicester, Chelsea games are probably of equivalent difficulty to their final 3.

we play 2 games before pool play their next game. 3 points from those games, will put us at 68 to Liverpools 62. still six points above them with 3 games to go. The pressure is on them, not us. 

I believe we got champions league footy all tied up after 20 mins v spurs. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah but they're used to this.

We could secure Champions League football with a win/draw at home to Brighton, what an atmosphere that would be for a 19.30 kick off. 

Edited by Scotty66

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't even know why I'm arguing anymore to be honest. If Liverpool beat Leicester and we throw in two absolute stinkers v Arsenal and Leeds I might join you in purchasing a few pairs of adult nappies, but at the moment I'm just really fucking excited for what should be a belting game of football tomorrow.

This is about where i'm at and i'm a pessimist most of the time. Honestly, a draw tomorrow isn't a bad result at all if we follow it up with a win over Leeds. Those 4 points would have us almost there.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I appreciate your calm head & optimism mate :thup:

Edited by gdm

If we need 7 points from 15 to get it then so be it. A month ago the thought of Liverpool winning their last 9 off the bounce was highly, highly unlikely. Something they'd not been remotely close to at any point this season and if they do it, they do it. 

7 points is the target, fuck Liverpool, let's just fucking do it. If they slip up once then 4 will almost certainly be enough and we're more than capable of that. We're an excellent team with fantastic players right now, we're in mint form and the injuries have cleared up loads. No reason not to be bullish about things. 

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

This is about where i'm at and i'm a pessimist most of the time. Honestly, a draw tomorrow isn't a bad result at all if we follow it up with a win over Leeds. Those 4 points would have us almost there.

4 points from our next 2 would leave us with back to back opportunities at SJP to get it wrapped up.

16 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Do we? They have Leicester away and Villa at home. Southampton is 3p. We have Leicester at home (huge advantage), Leeds away plus two games in hand. 

This, just say we get beat off Brighton and Arsenal. We are still 3 points ahead of Liverpool.

We have Leicester, Leeds and Chelsea.

Tjey have Leicester, Villa and Southampton.

The they have easier games argument is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Yeah but they're used to this.

:lol:

Clearly whatever I say you're just going to frame into something highly negative. Anyone who thinks it's "asking a lot" for a team in third averaging circa 1.9 PPG to take seven points from their remaining five games (including three bottom half teams) is entrenched in their view.

I just hope that despite your pessimism you get some enjoyment out of the reminder of the season, it's going to be class :thup:

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

4 points from our next 2 would leave us with back to back opportunities at SJP to get it wrapped up.

Yeah I mean i'm not going to pretend that it isn't slightly more precarious than it was a couple of weeks back, especially if we lose tomorrow and that could happen, last chance saloon for Arsenal. But howay man, the form we're in, I feel very confident and Liverpool getting jammy single goal wins 4 games in a row doesn't change anything, we're a great, confident side.

10 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Two VAR desicions in favor of Liverpool today(again)!

Haven't seen the game so can't say they're right or wrong.

Just saying...

Offside goal one was right. I don’t recall the other 

Thought the reffing was decent today. You could tell because bin dippers were getting wound up. All down to Brentford being shit. Terrible passing.

Edited by JUICE690

8 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

This, just say we get beat off Brighton and Arsenal. We are still 3 points ahead of Liverpool.

We have Leicester, Leeds and Chelsea.

Tjey have Leicester, Villa and Southampton.

The they have easier games argument is nonsense.

We have lost once at home this season, against a team 2-0 up and a red card. Still we created loads. As long as we dont do a Villa, and stop these slow starts that we have, Arsenal and Brighton both have to work for the points. And if Pool play like they did against Brentford then Villa will score for sure. Pool cant give up points at all. We can lose 2 and we have lost 4 all season.