The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Man U are joint 5th. How could they not be in the CL running?

If they continue to beat the bottom 10 sides home and away they will be in the running. Thats 60 points to gain.  

If we don’t start beating bottom half teams away from home soon, we’ll not be in the running. 

With the quality at the top of the table this season I don't think beating up on the bottom feeders is going to be enough. Table is much more top heavy than last season

40 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

7, no? with each of those wins being against bottom-half sides

We've won 7 of our last 9 then. Title winning form. Who cares who it's against?

We got the same amount of points against Arsenal and Everton as you did against Arsenal and Everton. 

If you think beating bottom half teams isn't important then I don't know what to say. 

2 hours ago, Smal said:

Their performances will catch up with them eventually and they'll finish 9th-12th. West Ham, Brighton, Brentford and Chelsea are all better sides with better managers. 

Add Bournemouth to this list. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

You beat pretty much our entire second string in the league cup and you beat us comfortably in the league with 2 out of our starting back 6 available with Martial and Rashford jogging about. 

Once again, we've had 17 injuries this season as well with other players unavailable for other reasons. Newcastle aren't the only team with absentees, though at this moment your situation is the worst out of anyone. 

You're using away defeats against Newcastle and City as a barometer for why we won't get top four, so why are Newcastle in consideration after getting comprehensively beaten by Bournemouth and absolutely torn to shreds by Everton who most of you laughed at as relegation fodder this season. Injuries or not those results are extremely poor. 

Top four race will be good  To suggest we're not in consideration is extremely silly. 

I am adding getting torn to shreds at home to Bournemouth as another reason I don't think you will finish top 4.

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I am adding getting torn to shreds at home to Bournemouth as another reason I don't think you will finish top 4.

Bournemouth had an xG of 0.84 and scored three goals. Everton actually tore you to shreds. 

Brighton and Man United dropping points is a massive bonus, if we could some how get a win tomorrow, or even draw, we'll be in a half decent position with players starting to come back.

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Bournemouth had an xG of 0.84 and scored three goals. Everton actually tore you to shreds. 

Well, dunno about that like. We were comfortable enough and were coming into the game then one player made two massive mistakes. We’d 61% possession, had Tripps not did what he did we may well have went on to win. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Well, dunno about that like. We were comfortable enough and were coming into the game then one player made two massive mistakes. We’d 61% possession, had Tripps not did what he did we may well have went on to win. 

The xG was 3.17 to 1.27.

We had 69% possession today and two of their goals were from two massive mistakes. 

I'm just in favour of balance and hate hypocrisy. And that's not aimed at you by the way. You're golden. 

Edited by Froggy

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Brighton and Man United dropping points is a massive bonus, if we could some how get a win tomorrow, or even draw, we'll be in a half decent position with players starting to come back.

You don’t honestly think Brighton / Man U will have any influence on us achieving top 4 / 5 surely?

They’re way behind the current top 4. In quality if not points. 

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The amount of times Man United have won games this season despite being rubbish was always going to catch up with you eventually, sounds like it has today .

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You don’t honestly think Brighton / Man U will have any influence on us achieving top 4 / 5 surely?

They’re way behind the current top 4. In quality if not points. 

Why have you said that like I've made some outlandish statement? :lol:

I mean, Man United are currently ahead of us (Even if I have no fucking clue as to how they are), and the other are level on points, so if we're in with a shout of top four then they certainly are. 

And any time they drop points is noteworthy while everything is so close.

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Why have you said that like I've made some outlandish statement? :lol:

I mean, Man United are currently ahead of us (Even if I have no fucking clue as to how they are), and the other are level on points, so if we're in with a shout of top four then they certainly are. 

And any time they drop points is noteworthy while everything is so close.

Man U and Brighton have zero chance of making top 4. They’re nowhere near good enough.