The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I think the best we can do is aim for ~70 points again if we're going to continue on multiple fronts and see where we land.

If we can sneak 2 more wins from the next 4, we'll only be a few points from 35 at the halfway mark. Feels like we can easily close that gap in the second half of the season if we have better luck with injuries + some new recruits.

Again people are reacting too harshly when we lose a game. We are not a top4 squad yet, and certainly not with these injuries. First job for NUFC is to stabilize their position in top 6-8, which we are now doing. Get revenues up, get a stronger squad and get rid of the deadwood still here and start building a top team. It really is not helping that after one great season we are expecting us to be top4 every season. City, Arsenal and Liverpool are way ahead of us and then that leaves one spot (or 2 depending) for us and all other nearly there clubs. Last year we were brilliant, this year it's Villa, next season who knows? 

We are still in the League Cup, most likely going through the fourth round in FAC and hopefully continue in some European competition after new year. It has been a bloody good season and an excellent one if you count the injuries. Our away form just needs to improve a lot.

Overachieving last season has definitely been a blessing and a curse 

This season was always going to be a wild ride and a tough learning experience but the injuries have made it even tougher

Too many people on here can’t see the big picture and lurch from ecstasy to agony when they’d be better to view this season as rollercoaster section of a 10 year journey that won’t have a linear trajectory 

But still, fuck all scousers 

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Although, all jokes aside, I can't remember the last time City were made to look so ordinary. Rodri and De Bruyne are two pretty significant misses for them, funny enough.

Given what they’ve spent having two players out can’t excuse bad performances, literally cheated for years. :lol:

I think us, Spurs and your lot are hoping for that 5th place CL spot, injuries are just killing. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Given what they’ve spent having two players out can’t excuse bad performances, literally cheated for years. :lol:

I think us, Spurs and your lot are hoping for that 5th place CL spot, injuries are just killing. 

I think you're writing us, Spurs and yourselves off very quickly for 4th place. Especially given the injuries to all sides. All three will be miles stronger in the new year.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I think you're writing us, Spurs and yourselves off very quickly for 4th place. Especially given the injuries to all sides. All three will be miles stronger in the new year.

Possibly, but from my POV. You lot are pretty bad, I don’t see any patterns of play at all from you. Spurs are the most over rated team in the league, new manager bounce plus fortunate results has led people to believe they are the second coming when it’s clearly not the case. 

as for us, we’ve dropped too many points already imo, December is going to be brutal and our injuries means we are going to have a knackered first team as well as a lot of players rushed back to give them a rest, likely resulting in more injuries. 

This is how I see it at least. 

Put another way, we could lose to Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, Villa, and Arsenal, win just 1 of our other two easier away games to Luton or Forest and still come out of it level on points with last season by winning our 4 home games against Fulham, Forest, Luton and Bournemouth. 

As bad as the current situation is things can and probably will swing round in our favour. Villa are flying and may well be having the kind of season we had last year but it only takes a couple injuries and a drop off in form, there’s a way to go.

if we have a good run next year with both Isak and Wilson fit plus most of the squad available we’ll be a totally different team and far better away from home. There’ll also be a couple of additions I think.

Long way to go yet. 

12 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Villa's results isnt a fluke, theyve been maintaning their form for over a year now.

Dont see is catching up to them if we fall further behind this month. 

Maybe not but say they lose Watkins or another key player that will affect them. Theyre a quality side but football changes quickly and we’re only on December.

Our brass hope is kind of a reset in Jan when we’ll know where we stand with Europe injuries and potentially new signings. You stick even half of the injured players on the bench and we’re a totally different prospect.

17 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Villa's results isnt a fluke, theyve been maintaning their form for over a year now.

Dont see is catching up to them if we fall further behind this month. 

It's not a fluke, but it is above their average so they're either peaking or they've improved again.

Villa are similar to us last season, a good (and somewhat underrated) set of players who are also riding a wave of positivity, with a good manager and an effective system. They'll be very hard to displace. 

Realistically this year Top 6 was always going to be a good achievement.

Fingers crossed we get top 7 and Europe again, and with our European matches, cup run(s) it'll have been a good season.

Top 4 chances - 3/10

I think there is so many overreactions every time we lose a game.

Nothing is done and dusted yet and there will be plenty of unexpected results throughout the remainder of the season. 

I’m super calm about the situation, not going to make any assumptions or conclusions until the new year. Things will be a lot clearer then in terms of injuries, are we in Europe etc 

30 minutes ago, CheikBoom said:

Pretty relaxed despite the result last night. Four points off fourth and players hopefully returning in the next few weeks. 

Spurs will either be a masterclass or an utter car crash with their high line. 

I feel relaxed too. Just want to add that saying we're 4p off 4th sounds slightly better than it actually is when you consider that it's Man City. You are correct though, literally. Man City will pick up, it's only a matter of time. 

On 29/07/2023 at 18:52, Optimistic Nut said:

The one thing that might work in our favour is I think we'll lose about 10 this season, but I also think we'll convert more draws into wins to level out a bit. Can see us getting 66-70 points but Liverpool and Chelsea will get comfortably over 70. 

I know it's only 15 games but swap Chelsea for Villa and I'm not far off.