The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

All that talk of Chelsea falling foul of UEFA PSR rules and not being eligible for Europe this season will suddenly never be heard of again.

9 minutes ago, SAK said:

Don’t think lack of European football will change the signing situation. Conference League isn’t a big enough draw to be a difference maker between signing and not signing.

I mean there are reports that the keeper we're after was waiting to see if we get it. 

It's not a BIG draw, but it will make a difference and it will impact our recruitment

Plus it's another winnable competition we're not in. 

Can't wait to see the back of this cursed season 

Oh well, we shouldn’t have been in a position where we relied on others. Summer rest, some new signings and the league to concentrate on could put us in the CL places again next season.

I said a few weeks ago that whatever happens, happens. Conference League would have been fun but equally having a go at next season with one game a week and going for both cups will be a good reset.

My only worry is if it makes any difference to signings. Europe is a big deal for players just because it is an extra 10 games potentially them - and makes it far more likely that you're guaranteed to be playing in some form.

Posted (edited)

Am I allowed to say that this was a disappointing season or is the positivity brigade still out in full force?

Edited by mikejaxer

Posted (edited)

Hopefully this means we can concentrate on signing first team players rather than youngsters to pad out the squad.

Edited by catlover24

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

Even more annoying these have won the cup, after that goal ruled out for Coventry in the SF.

What? The offside one?

No one to blame bar ourselves for not qualifying.

Not gonna re-review the season cos Man Utd won a game we weren't involved in. We did very well to finish as high as we did; unfortunately Chelsea had a barnstorming final third and punished our mistakes. C'est la vie.

Just now, Boey_Jarton said:

Were we unlucky?

Is 7th normally ok for Europe? 

I don't think so. Man U needed to win their game against us...they did. They needed to win the cup final...they did. No complaints from me.

I don’t know what sickens me more the fact that we’ve no Europe or that Man Utd finished fucking below us and they’ve got it. Losing out as well to Chelsea who couldn’t give a fuck about being in the Conference League when we would have loved it. 

Gutted but got to take this as fuel into next season. There will be a lot of uncertainty in a lot of the contenders, time to take advantage.