The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

25 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Concludes a disaster of a season. If we’re genuinely going to be competing for trophies, seasons like this are unacceptable. Any credit Howe had in the bank from last season is now long gone.

:lol: give over man 

It's a massive loss, no point sugarcoating it. Getting used to playing and handling European football, our best chance at a trophy and probably around £15m lost. 

It was in our hands but still to finish 7th and have the worst Man United team in forever who finished 8th beat a City side who individually all played the worst you'll ever seen them play is peak Newcastle. Genuinely furious [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree, but I feel deflated and why I really wanted us to get Conference League was to get the club; Howe, squad and fans, used to playing 3 games a week regularly, which all the elites do. A super negative part of me thinks, what if we finish top 4 next season and 2025-26 is a carbon copy of this due to the remaining lack of familiarity of playing 3 games a week at a high level?

When the dust settles I'll feel better, but we absolutely have to keep our big 3, Bruno, Isak and Gordon and add sufficiently to them. Them 3 plus a quality RW and Tonali back I'd exciting to think about.

In 2025/26 we will have a much improved squad. No more Richie, Dummett, and an invisible Hall on the bench.

16 minutes ago, Aiston said:

From Uefa Cup in our own hands to missing out on even conference league, gutted.

Couldn't give a shit to be honest. Not interested in playing the best team in Malta and such. Concentrate on the league and two domestic cups.

I'm serious by the way about us being Man City's rivals next season.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

It's a massive loss, no point sugarcoating it. Getting used to playing and handling European football, our best chance at a trophy and probably around £15m lost. 

It was in our hands but still to finish 7th and have the worst Man United team in forever who finished 8th beat a City side who individually all played the worst you'll ever seen them play is peak Newcastle. Genuinely furious [emoji38]

Chill out.  Its a blessing.  Trust me.

3 minutes ago, Chapo said:

It’s some craic all the same that Man U who are in shambles have won 2 trophies in as many years with the bald fraud. 

Really does show just how much catching up we still have to do that even when they're in what's considered a shambles they still have it in them. Probably the most depressing thought for me after us not having Europe next season. 

13 minutes ago, astraguy said:

No European football for #NUFC in 2024/25 – the second team in the past decade to miss out after finishing in the top 7. always fucking us

Could be worse. I cast my mind back to...

Spurs missing out on champions league finishing fourth, or

Everton qualifying for champions league after finishing 4th, but getting knocked out in the qualifying round, and at same time rivals Liverpool  qualifying for CL despite finishing  5th due to a retrospective rule change which granted qualification due to them winning the CL. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Chapo said:

It’s some craic all the same that Man U who are in shambles have won 2 trophies in as many years with the bald fraud. 

They have that big club mentality that we're striving for. Even when they're utter toss, they fancy themselves in the big games.

That, and next level spawniness.

Edited by UncleBingo

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I’m more concerned with the financial implications. 

that's why next season is so important.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I’m more concerned with the financial implications. 

How much is conference league worth ? 

I also get it gives us a bit less bargaining for sponsorships etc

On my way back from the game (there for work). Absolutely fucking typical… Man City were fucking awful. Dreadful. Man Utd deserved it on the day. Sucks for us, but I can’t say I’m that bothered about missing out on trips to Latvia and co. Would have been gutted if it was Europa we were missing out on though.

Man City and Arsenal away early on in the domestic cups next season, and suddenly people are losing their shit in mid Feb when we're 7th and got nothing fun to look forward to apart from can we get 5th/rely on others.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Winning it about £20m all in including gates. 

More or less what we'd make selling Almiron and Wilson.

19 minutes ago, Rod said:

Couldn't give a shit to be honest. Not interested in playing the best team in Malta and such. Concentrate on the league and two domestic cups.

I'm serious by the way about us being Man City's rivals next season.

Please stop with this bs

47 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Concludes a disaster of a season. If we’re genuinely going to be competing for trophies, seasons like this are unacceptable. Any credit Howe had in the bank from last season is now long gone.

If you've been sorting us for any length of time, then you're an actual, genuine idiot.

If you've only just started supporting us, please don't.

Not sure what’s more annoying, the over reaction doom merchants, or the ‘whey, it’s been a smashing season anyway lads’ losers mentality.

I actually think 7th is respectable overall given the circumstances, but there’s also no doubt we bottled it at the last with two tame performances despite having injured players back. Who would have known what could have been, however I would look at why Pope didn’t come in for at least Man Utd and how long it took for Hall to be introduced into the team. 

I suspect we’ll still do good business, though the DCL link concerns me. My main worry is that Bruno, Isak and Gordon are players who should be playing in Europe. 

1 minute ago, JJ7 said:

Not sure what’s more annoying, the over reaction doom merchants, or the ‘whey, it’s been a smashing season anyway lads’ losers mentality.

I actually think 7th is respectable overall given the circumstances, but there’s also no doubt we bottled it at the last with two tame performances despite having injured players back. Who would have known what could have been, however I would look at why Pope didn’t come in for at least Man Utd and how long it took for Hall to be introduced into the team. 

I suspect we’ll still do good business, though the DCL link concerns me. My main worry is that Bruno, Isak and Gordon are players who should be playing in Europe. 

The ones who call missing an objective a "bottle job" is even worse than both. 

1 minute ago, JJ7 said:

Who will be playing in Europe with us after this next season :indi: