The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

614 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

7 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Our goal difference is class atm.

Useful thing to have in race for top 4.

yep worth another point . We are 6 clear as it stands in truth at the half way mark .

personally I don’t mind a draw against palace .Spurs and Liverpool with tough games at the weekend. Those 2 are the only ones we need to worry about in the second half of the season . Forget Arsenal, Man U, Man C , we want them taking points off Spurs and Liverpool.

4th would be an incredible achievement lads 

3 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Just a great chance this season now, are Brighton really going to be our biggest threat? :lol:

This is mental.

Could conceivably see Brighton, Fulham and Brentford all finish above Liverpool and or Chelsea. Those two have also still got European football to play this season so they could even become more distracted and disrupted than they already are.

Apologies in advance for multiple images, but this is our biggest worry for top 4. Our bench is absolutely shocking, this is the top 5 teams benches from their most recent games.

Soon as it gets late in the game and legs are tired we have two players that can come on and have a big impact, the rest of them literally make us change the way play as nothing else is possible. Can't wait to see a few south american wonderkids and all round quality from the subs.

Screenshot_20230121_195544_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_195501_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_195435_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_195426_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_195747_Chrome.jpg

So currently the team in 5th has conceded 31 goals to our 11. You have to go down to 13th to find a team that's conceded more.

I think that's a significant sign of where we're at. Our defence is unquestionably great, Arsenal and Man City can both say their attack is great. No other team can say either of those things.

Champions league games are about to kick off again. Everything IS in our favour, apart from squad depth annoyingly. I say we do it!

IMG_8206.jpg

Chelsea are still the ones to watch out for (if they get their players back). They have James, Chilwell, Kovacic, Kante, Fofana, Mudryk, Felix, Sterling, Madueke and probably a couple more signings to come in. Despite their scattergun approach, they are going to be able to field some side.

Edited by SUPERTOON

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

If we don’t start turning these single points into three points sharpish I’m going to start getting worried and I’ll be gutted if we don’t finish in the top 4 now. :lol: 

I think many of us will be feeling the same. Not least the team, in the broadest sense. Just hoping the decision makers are as excited, and as desperate for the profile and income which comes with the Champions League, and this loosens the purse strings.  

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Chelsea are still the ones to watch out for (if they get their players back). They have James, Chilwell, Kovacic, Kante, Fofana, Mudryk, Felix, Sterling, Madueke and probably a couple more signings or come in. Despite their scattergun approach, they are going to be able to field some side.

Yep, some (I.e. shit loads) of impressive individuals to choose from. Quite a task to forge them into a cohesive team though. Potter’s a methodical/systems kind of manager (by all accounts) might be the first time he has had such a wealth of options (whole system and individual ‘cogs’ in it). I’m still 40-60 (on a good day) as to whether he can make it work.

Chelsea will have to go on a daft run and us totally collapse for them to make up 11 points on us , same with Liverpool, Spurs have been a shambles all season and lose as soon as they come up against anyone half decent . We have been in top 4 form for the last 12 months now so unless we totally fall apart that 4th place is ours .

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Chelsea are still the ones to watch out for (if they get their players back). They have James, Chilwell, Kovacic, Kante, Fofana, Mudryk, Felix, Sterling, Madueke and probably a couple more signings to come in. Despite their scattergun approach, they are going to be able to field some side.

I don’t think there’s much chance chelsea put it together this season. This time next year they’ll have a great team, assuming Potter is capable of managing all these guys.