The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Villa only won one of last 5 league games. Spurs looked awful yesterday and have a horrific run in and Man U are just completely unpredictable. Just win our games and miracles may happen. 

We've dropped too many daft points to make the CL, Luton & Everton at home for starters.

Top 7 would be brilliant all things considering... Just looked at West hams remaining fixtures, can't see them getting more than 7pts, after today. That really leaves Chelsea behind to consider.

We’ve no chance of getting near Spurs or Villa but we’ve dropped some awful points along the way. That said, given our injuries we were always going to have some shockers.

What a difference one week has made. 

Last week, before the Fulham game, I thought we'd finish anywhere from 7th to 12th. Now 6th to 9th - and more likely 6th than 9th. Outstanding results and hopefully more of the same next week.

17 minutes ago, TomYam said:

What a difference one week has made. 

Last week, before the Fulham game, I thought we'd finish anywhere from 7th to 12th. Now 6th to 9th - and more likely 6th than 9th. Outstanding results and hopefully more of the same next week.

Only West Ham of our top 6 rivals play and that's against Palace.

Our lads and Howe are fired up for this. Bruno, Anderson, Gordon, they aren’t players who are going to play anything less than total commitment. Isak’s in the best form of his life. Barnes as well. We could very realistically go unbeaten until the end of the season

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Our lads and Howe are fired up for this. Bruno, Anderson, Gordon, they aren’t players who are going to play anything less than total commitment. Isak’s in the best form of his life. Barnes as well. We could very realistically go unbeaten until the end of the season

We can go unbeaten, but I think we would have to win every game to stand a chance. Huge ask for us that.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm going to be cursing that Everton result until the end of time. With the respective fixtures we have, we'd have had a canny prospect of catching Tottenham. 

Look at it this way, we should have beaten Everton and then lost to Fulham.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Look at it this way, we should have beaten Everton and then lost to Fulham.

@LFEE said the exact same thing post match. I agree. Sort of. :lol:

I just can't stop cursing that result. If we'd won that we'd have been 8 points behind Spurs with 3 kind fixtures coming up, especially compared to their next 3. They also have to play Man City again. Would've been a big ask going for 9 points from the next 9 and garnering 5 consecutive wins with our injury problems but it would've been a distinct possibility. 

I really think we can finish 5th and it will be above Villa. I mean I’m banking on Villa losing today and only picking up at most 4 points from their next 3 homes games. Let’s aim for five wins and a draw and get to 66 points and see where that takes us 

I feel that it levels out over a season so I think it´s fair with were we are now, we havent been playing well enough for long periods. So keep pushing and we can still take a european places!

42 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Will never understand people giving energy to what if/ might have beens, I saw Isak at Anfield mentioned the other day ffs

I've spent 50 years regretting the fact we couldn't get the winner in the 0-0 against Wolves becuase IF we had only scored we'd have finished 12th instead of 15th. Oh cruel fate!

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

We’ve no chance of getting near Spurs or Villa but we’ve dropped some awful points along the way. That said, given our injuries we were always going to have some shockers.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Spurs run in is not kind to them at all and we could feasibly win out the rest of the season. 

Just seen Spurs' fixtures. We do our thing, there's potential for them to only pick up 5 or 6 pts. More we win, the more they lose, the more the pressure builds on them. Would be a fantastic collapse. 

On 07/04/2024 at 20:30, astraguy said:

----------------------------------------------------
Manchester United Fixtures: Played 32-Points 50
Bournemouth (A)    -draw 
Sheffield Utd (H)   
Burnley (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Arsenal (H)  
Brighton (A)  
Newcastle United  (H)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Ham United Fixtures: Played 33-Points 48
Fulham(H) lost   
Crystal Palace (A)    
Liverpool (H)
Chelsea (A)

Luton (H)
Man City (A)
Newcastle United Fixtures: Played 32-Points 50
Tottenham (H) Won
Crystal Palace (A)
Sheffield Utd (H) 
Burnley (A)
Brighton (H) 
Brentford (A)
Man United (A)
Chelsea Fixtures: Played 30-Points 44
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Aston Villa (A)
Tottenham (H)
West Ham (H)
Nottm Forest (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Brighton (A)
Brighton & Hove Albion Fixtures: Played 32-Points 44
Burnley (A) drew
Man City (H)
Bournemouth (A)  
Aston Villa (H)
Newcastle United (H)
Man United (H)
Chelsea (H)
Wolverhampton Wanderers Fixtures: Played 32-Points 43
Nottm Forest (A) Drew
Arsenal (H)
Bournemouth (H)  
Luton (H)
Man City (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Liverpool (A)

Take it game by game,chelsea still have 2 games in hand

Anyone else really enjoying their footy at the moment and more over really enjoying Newcastle.

It's dawned on me that this is as bad as its going to get under Howe. :lol: 

We've had the worst cup draws and the worst injury crisis I've ever seen and as far as I can tell we are going to be playing European football at a canter.

In the summer, the squad will improve, maybe just a little, maybe alot but we will get another couple of quality players in, Tonali back and all things being equal, a much more favourable schedule and treatment table.

I'd be flabbergasted if next year we don't get top 6. There's also the added bonus that Liverpool will be in transition (Klopp, Salah and VVD perhaps leaving), Man United will either still have egg head or they too will be in transition, Spurs will have the demands of 2 games a week (and we saw how shite they can be), as will Villa.

Next year is all set up to be a cracking year and I for one can't wait for it.

honesty how the fuck do Man U do it?

their xPts according to Understat almost has them in a relegation battle ffs 

am pretty sure last season they were also lucky to finish ahead of us 

remember trawling Red Cafe last season and they had a thread about whether Newcastle would finish ahead of them - anyone who suggested yes was torn apart 

the logic being that we played terrible football and they couldn't understand how we scored so many goals 

unbelievable

Screenshot_20240414-204234_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ginola14
cropped out bottom 3, so not quite relegation battle

7 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

honesty how the fuck do Man U do it?

their xPts according to Understat almost has them in a relegation battle ffs 

am pretty sure last season they were also lucky to finish ahead of us 

remember trawling Red Cafe last season and they had a thread about whether Newcastle would finish ahead of them - anyone who suggested yes was torn apart 

the logic being that we played terrible football and they couldn't understand how we scored so many goals 

unbelievable

Screenshot_20240414-204234_Chrome.jpg

Interesting that we're pretty much bang on for goals for, against and only a few points away too.

remarkably we've now scored more goals this season after 32 games than all last season

imagine what what this team could have done without the never ending worst injury crisis ever and Tonali ban