The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not a monumental difference, then. 

Its disgraceful imo. Not sure why it doesn't get much heat like FFP does 

Maybe because in most leagues, it's pretty much the same teams who make the CL so no one cares 

With Dortmund winning tonight, if Arsenal and West Ham go out to their german opponents I think that's the end of 5th being a CL spot.

30 minutes ago, Beth said:

With Dortmund winning tonight, if Arsenal and West Ham go out to their german opponents I think that's the end of 5th being a CL spot.

Liverpool Man City and Villa winning all 3 comps might snatch it. But the Liverpool one looks unrealistic atm. 

I'm not even bothered about that extra European spot , In some ways seeing Spurs or Villa miss out on champions league would be worth not getting the extra place . If we finish 6th we get European football so it's still in our hands and we have more chance of winning the conference league anyway, if we don't then so be it , we shouldn't need other teams doing us a favour and I can't be bothered wanting Arsenal to beat Munich anyway for the sake of it .

Edited by Geogaddi

53 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I'm not even bothered about that extra European spot , In some ways seeing Spurs or Villa miss out on champions league would be worth not getting the extra place . If we finish 6th we get European football so it's still in our hands and we have more chance of winning the conference league anyway, if we don't then so be it , we shouldn't need other teams doing us a favour and I can't be bothered wanting Arsenal to beat Munich anyway for the sake of it .

Arsenal beating Bayern is just good for the Kane bantz

I reckon Spurs will only get 6 or 7 points fron their run-in (the most difficult).

We should get a minimum of 12 from a possible 18.

Means we would need an exemplary winning streak of 6 games (not impossible with players coming back) to get into possible champions places (fifth).

Anyone think we can finish 5th? I reckon it's on. Depending on Palace. Win that and I think we put enough pressure on Spurs and the media will do the rest with them folding like always.

Obviously want us to have as great a chance of European qualification as possible but can't bring myself to be sitting in front of the box cheering on City/Arsenal. Ordinarily would like them and Liverpool to be beaten into oblivion, even though they're English.

5th and 6th goes to EL and 7th to ECL then...

Unless Chelsea turnover city and it's 5th in EL and 6th ECL

We could well end up finishing 7th and not qualifying for Europe, which would be a massive shame

I'm telling myself Man City going out would've fucked the chase for 5th even if Arsenal knocked Bayern out so I can enjoy Arsenal's failure to the fullest extent. I don't know if the coefficient math makes it true but it's good enough for me. 

Welp, can say goodbye to extra places.

Need 5th to guarantee Europa League

Need 6th to guarantee Europe (+ Man City FA Cup win to get Europa League)

Need 7th + a City FA Cup win to get Conference League

* Note: Conference League would put us in a qualifier; not direct entry to the group stage.

Barring a miracle Germany have the 5th CL spot now.

So we have to hope City win the FA cup instead of Man U or Chelsea, otherwise even finishing sixth would mean the conference league.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Welp, can say goodbye to extra places.

Need 5th to guarantee Europa League

Need 6th to guarantee Europe (+ Man City FA Cup win to get Europa League)

Need 7th + a City FA Cup win to get Conference League

* Note: Conference League would put us in a qualifier; not direct entry to the group stage.

7th would get us conference league regardless if Man U or Chelsea finish in 6th and win the cup.