The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

614 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

20 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s not had a breakdown. He’s expressed disappointment in a failure. 

He's expressed public disappointment, knowing he scored 19 league goals. We can all read between the lines. He and his PR team know what they're doing and most people have read it that way.

They were meant to be challenging the title. We were meant to be a problem for another day. They've had more help from VAR than even Klopp himself could demand and still fallen short. He even uses the Liverpool marketing rhetoric: "We are Liverpool, this means more etc.". He is pandering to their fans but alerting other clubs.

As class as he is, this might be the time to sell him. Sooner or later he will lose another yard of pace and be done. He would still hold a high value and I'm sure they're gonna do a Man U and attack the window with massive money this summer.

Fulham is not an easy team to beat. I actually think that Fulham at home is more difficult than Chelsea away. Crazy times.[emoji38] Unfortunately Manchester United are very strong at home.

Edited by Erikse

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Man Utd probably dont care so much about 3rd, so would think they will rest some players before the FA cup final.

100%. Can see Dalot, Maguire, Malacia, McTominay, Garnacho and Weghorst all starting.

Just wanted to finish-off the top four prediction chart. As you know we made it, with 71 points (1.87 ppg). As you can hopefully see, we finished three points above the PL average points total for 4th place and two points below the average PL average for third. 
image001.thumb.png.4da4434b59373764c2b320acf5884d82.png

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just wanted to finish-off the top four prediction chart. As you know we made it, with 71 points (1.87 ppg). As you can hopefully see, we finished three points above the PL average points total for 4th place and two points below the average PL average for third. 
image001.thumb.png.4da4434b59373764c2b320acf5884d82.png

:clap: Thanks for the effort with this, throughout the season! 

Been a really interesting thread. Glad we made it over the line. We were running on empty. Always interesting predicting results on stats/form Vs time of season/historical traits/management changes. Wasn’t far off predicting 6 points from last 5 games @Optimistic Nut 🙂 but hats off to you as you and @The College Dropoutas both said not to worry 👍🏻

On 01/05/2023 at 19:56,  Optimistic Nut said: 

Do you not reckon we'd get 7 points out of Leeds, Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea?

Arsenal- (0P)

“If football has taught me anything over the years is the month of May there is always very strange results providing many twists and turns. With some teams going on very unexpected runs late on.

Leeds held their own up here and it will be a do or die game for them. Hopefully plays out like Everton away but we struggle up against smaller mobile forwards. Bamford not so much. (1P)

Brighton seem like a team that are comfortable playing home and away and are in great form. (3P)

Leicester seem to have a team full of players everyone on here says we should be buying but Vardy aside probably the team I’m most confident against as a bit nice in their style. (1P)

I don’t and never expect anything from Stamford Bridge regardless what form we are in or themselves. They might have Poch in place by then and receive a new manager bounce also.” (1P)

Total 6 Points

Just now, The Prophet said:

It never really looked in any danger after we beat Spurs. Liverpool were always going to drop points and we always looked on course for a 70+ point total.

Yeah, it was just logical, Liverpool did amazingly well to even make it close. 

8 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

We definitely played more conservatively than a usual home game.

We definitely attacked them, but it was clear from the start that they were happy to play for the draw. We had tons of possession, shots, corners, probably more than a normal home game, but we didn't have to force the issue when it hadn't went in. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I was very confident after Brentford. 

By the time we played Spurs i was extremely confident we would smash them and we did.

The run-in wasn't difficult. We had the entire bottom 4 + West Ham (14th) and Chelsea (12th). + Villa (a), Arsenal and Brighton (h). We would have had to choke it imo.

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

We definitely played more conservatively than a usual home game.

Only really noticed that in the last half hour or so, at that point we had had a good go at putting them out of sight, but then we didn't want to get hit by a sucker punch when we only needed a point.

We didn't need the win, but we definitely went after one as long we could without leaving ourselves vulnerable on the counter.

Thought the Brighton result and performance would’ve been the Leicester one and vice versa but aside from that the remaining games played out exactly as I thought. 

Just pleased Villa held on against Liverpool and we only needed a point from last two games as the nerves were definitely setting in against Leicester when they brought their subs on.