Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

I'm going to have very low expectations. Of course I hope we can pull off something. Ahead of the Leeds game, I was confident. It's just the tired legs and the frustrations that the lads had towards the end of that game which is dragging my confidence down a bit.

Eddie will alchemise that into measured aggression and stamina. We win this! :indi:

"Howe believes pleasure is integral to success. “The players have to keep enjoying what they’re doing – that’s key to our second half of the season,” he said. “They shouldn’t feel burdened by expectation, or any of those types of emotion. They should be relishing the place we’re in and enjoying every second"

Howe's comments in the press conference were spot on. Neuroticism is our enemy, joy is our ally.

9 minutes ago, 80 said:

"Howe believes pleasure is integral to success. “The players have to keep enjoying what they’re doing – that’s key to our second half of the season,” he said. “They shouldn’t feel burdened by expectation, or any of those types of emotion. They should be relishing the place we’re in and enjoying every second"

Howe's comments in the press conference were spot on. Neuroticism is our enemy, joy is our ally.

Intense joy! :indi:

Really nervous for this.   i think they'll be fizzing from the game at SJP last season where we literally battered them, so I think they will come at us at 100 mph.  If we can stem the initial fever we can maybe get a result. 

A good test for both clubs and their current positions. 

Loss by one maybe two goals for me, but in perspective they seem to be real contenders for the title (alongside Man City imo).

Any sort of result would be magnificent, and obviously we are well ahead of expectations for this season already so won't be too upset when (if) we lose.

Would be great if we had a fit Wilson available to get at their back four.

Think 1-0 is most likely result.

Need the defence to hold firm early doors as they'll come out flying at us you'd imagine. Get through the first half hour or so and we have a chance of getting a positive result; they've only kept 1 home clean sheet in the league all season and that was to Forest who've only scored 1 goal away from home so far.

It's great to be involved in these sort of games at the right end of the table once again, and great to think that in future this could/should be the norm for us. Feel nervous and/or excited, not sure which tbh [emoji38]

One of my engineers lives an hour north of London and is an Arsenal season ticket holder. He said he'd be happy with a draw.  On a side note, he's moving to the Newcastle area later this month.