Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

33 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

They’ll probably call us for allowing Joelinton to start. No punishment, etc…

And I think that’s fair to be honest - I know there’s another thread on it so don’t want to bang on about it but my auntie was run over buy a drunk driver so it doesn’t sit with me.

My take is that if you have a footballer who is thick as a brick that doesn't see what he's done you sit for a couple of games, if you have someone who knows they fucked up, is truly remorseful then a punishment behind the scenes and the legal ramifications are sufficient to straighten him out.

Eddie has already said Joel is very contrite after a good chat with him, and Joel and has apologised to the rest of the team.

We can only take that as genuine, Joel will get his punishment from the court and hopefully the lesson has been learned.

46 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Fuck 'em - Ivan Toney started and scored for Brentford yesterday despite being on two hundred and fifty two charges of betting on matches, something that is directly relevant to the sport, ffs.

What Toney did mainly effects himself only - unless he was betting on the outcome of his own games.

Joelington was in charge of a dangerous vehicle whilst over the limit so I can’t get behind your ‘fuck em’ just because you deem 3 points more important than seeing an example.

Edited by Gawalls