Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Me sat in the Bodega at 1pm after having read the team news that he's dropped Joelinton over the drink driving thing but has started Murphy in his place on the left over ASM.

Screenshot_20221228-042441_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b3312035a34ae9575fc0ddcab18e9f58.jpg

God hope not nobody can face Murphy starting again after last Saturday.

Murphy over ASM would be a proper mood killer. Almost as much as seeing Wood rather than Wilson.

Don't see it happening though, I reckon the only way Joelinton doesn't start is if he himself isn't mentally in the right frame if mind to play. I doubt he'll be "dropped" for it. 

Ivan Toney was the last player to score against us at SJP, which was a pen (shock). Only Man City and Bournemouth have scored against us from open play at SJP this season, twice and once respectively. We only conceded 5 league goals at SJP from open play in the whole of 2022; 1 v Watford in January. 1 v Liverpool in April. 2 v Manchester City in August. 1 v Bournemouth in September.

Would really help keep us away from getting mixed up in the chasing pack if we could pull off a win tomorrow. 

Just feel nervous due to Fulham's recent good run and the Joelinton question mark also. After such a strong first half of the season would be a shame to suddenly find ourselves slip down the table quickly. 

Win this and I think it will help the mentality for the team to push on and create a bigger gap over the next few games 🤞

Type of game and opposition that used to always cause us problems. It’ll be a bit like after the Lord Mayor’s show today and 2pm kick off won’t help atmosphere. Big test against in form opposition, be very impressed if we grind out a win today

I think if we go ASM, Wilson and Almiron as the front three Fulham won’t be able to keep us out. Would leave Big Joe out because you can’t ignore things like that - even if it’s only for a game. Willock, Longstaff and Bruno in the middle and we’ll get a good win today. 

Isak off the bench with a goal too. 

3-0