Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

They play Thursday so 48hrs rest extra hopefully in our favour.

Just like against Leeds it'll most likely make no difference at all. 

This is a damn sight harder than Leeds as well so I'm expecting it to be in a similar pattern 

I weirdly feel more confident about this game then I did the Leeds home game, mainly as Fulham like to be on the front foot, as well as attack and press.high up the pitch, which should play into our hands. Where as Leeds employed a low block, which we've struggled to get though several times this season.

Same team again I’d imagine with Saint and Isak to change things up. Don’t see Howe changing it unless there’s a niggle here or there or he feels he can attack Fulham better with either Isak or Saint left wing forward. 

Rare excursion up into the gods for this looking forward to it. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Start Isak if he’s fit enough.

It’ll be interesting to see what Howe does with the lineup in the coming fixtures in terms of getting Isak and or Saint involved more to carve teams open. 

Huge opportunity with other teams around us inevitably dropping points as they play each other. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

11 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Start Isak if he’s fit enough.

I don't see that happening, I imagine Wilson starts and Isak comes on early/late 2nd half depending on the scoreline. The team that beat Leicester will be the one that starts on Sunday.

Be a good watch, they’re a good team and in form. Last time against them we benefited from an (entirely correct) red card and no Palhinha or Mitrovic, so should be competitive. Agree with the post above that they’re more likely to come at us. We’ve got to be more clinical than we have of late. Hopefully no wood or Murphy polluting the occasion.

Fulham are a useful team. Down at their place everything seemed to fall our way, from the Palhinha suspension to the early red card, so expecting a sterner test here.

They'll come and have a go though, which I feel will always play into our hands. Our press and counter press are absolutely lethal: 3-1.