Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

17 minutes ago, Heron said:

Feel like I say this about every game nowadays, but I think this could be big in that, it could define if we're top 4 contenders.

Agreed. If you’re to finish top four and in the context of the other fixtures this weekend you kind of have to win this one.

Just now, 80 said:

I think we'll win well enough. I'm not too concerned even if Joelinton doesn't play, I think collectively we'll do it.

personally I don’t think we will lose , I feel a draw in me watter

Hopefully it's not "after the lord mayor's show" of Tuesday. Coming from that there's a chance for a flat atmosphere in comparison, Joe potentially missing, Fulham coming to frustrate us. Not the ingredients for a sparkling home win like, feels like a draw, but hope i'm wrong.

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Hopefully it's not "after the lord mayor's show" of Tuesday. Coming from that there's a chance for a flat atmosphere in comparison, Joe potentially missing, Fulham coming to frustrate us. Not the ingredients for a sparkling home win like, feels like a draw, but hope i'm wrong.

Maybe I’m feeling a bit more nerves but not as confident now ha. I think it'll

be a tough game. I’m intrigued to see what Fulham do tactics wise. Feel ASM and Isak maybe needed to open them up but hopefully Wilson also has his zip back. 

3 minutes ago, Holloway said:

The games are taking on an ever increasing importance now with what we are witnessing in the race for the CL, there is an opportunity there opening up Can see a 3-2 thriller tomorrow

It's a shame Man Utd are getting into their stride but fortunately Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs are all well below par. We have to get back to winning in the league though, a few consecutive league wins in the next few weeks and  we'll comfortably be in top with a bit of a cushion. 

3-1 I'll say for this game. 1-0 at HT.