Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I hope that performance gets some people off his back. This kid has a lot to offer us. 

A lot of energy, work rate and quick very quick.  Wanted to make things happen. Broke up a lot of attacks. 

Still don’t see QUALITY. But he fits in well. 

It’s great to have a bit of depth.  Would start him ahead of Murphy next time out.  

Edited by The College Dropout

A really nice cameo today. Quick and direct, some good quality passes and not afraid to get stuck in and do the dirty work - he was exactly what we needed coming off the bench.

He'll get in the side before long and I think just needs his first goal to light the touch paper and start storming the games in.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Should be staying ahead of Murphy in my opinion, thought he was really good and that ball across the box was asking to be finished.

I think you're right. Murphy and Miggy both would work great as fresh legs later in a game. Gordon brought some real skill and work rate both from what I saw.

Just now, McDog said:

I think you're right. Murphy and Miggy both would work great as fresh legs later in a game. Gordon brought some real skill and work rate both from what I saw.

Great to see real options with ASM putting in great performances, isak being amazing, Gordon doing better every performance then Murphy also playing his best as well.

I think there's a real player in this lad and he'll fully fit Eddie's style when he works his way in to the starting line up. No rush with how well ASM and Murphy have been lately though, just nice to have options for the first time in 20 years

I questioned the transfer but him for 40m is better than Sancho for 70m and Antony for 80m. 

Sancho is talented but doesn’t demand the ball enough and plays too safely. Not enough work rate.  

Antony lacks ability. He wouldn’t look out of place at Leeds and I’m surprised he was allowed to be signed. 

Gordon fits our style of play perfectly. I like him on the right because he can go both ways. Physically and mentally everything we are about. Will be a valuable squad member. 

ASM

Gordon

Diaby / Barnes

Almiron

Not bad. 

54 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I questioned the transfer but him for 40m is better than Sancho for 70m and Antony for 80m. 

Sancho is talented but doesn’t demand the ball enough and plays too safely. Not enough work rate.  

Antony lacks ability. He wouldn’t look out of place at Leeds and I’m surprised he was allowed to be signed. 

Gordon fits our style of play perfectly. I like him on the right because he can go both ways. Physically and mentally everything we are about. Will be a valuable squad member. 

ASM

Gordon

Diaby / Barnes

Almiron

Not bad. 

Antony is a good player, he should have more league goals than the 3 he's got with the 28 shots taken. Casemiro is obviously as important to Man U as Bruno is to us. He bossed us in the cup and made Rashford, Antony much more of a threat than they were today. 

helped see the game out comfortably.

and seemed to be genuinely buzzing for the second goal and the celebrations after the final whistle.

seems to have settled in perfectly.

7 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Antony is a good player, he should have more league goals than the 3 he's got with the 28 shots taken. Casemiro is obviously as important to Man U as Bruno is to us. He bossed us in the cup and made Rashford, Antony much more of a threat than they were today. 

Would he look a level above at a club like Leicester, West Ham or Leeds?

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Would he look a level above at a club like Leicester, West Ham or Leeds?

Antony looks dreadful at times, but he was actually really good for Ajax and even the national side last season. Not sure if he’s having trouble adapting or the fee got to his stupid head and he think he’s already the deal. I’d have Antony and Sancho ahead of Gordon any day of the week though. Both are better footballers. That being said, if Jacob Murphy is doing a job for us right now than Gordon will for sure improve us. 

39 minutes ago, Flip said:

Antony looks dreadful at times, but he was actually really good for Ajax and even the national side last season. Not sure if he’s having trouble adapting or the fee got to his stupid head and he think he’s already the deal. I’d have Antony and Sancho ahead of Gordon any day of the week though. Both are better footballers. That being said, if Jacob Murphy is doing a job for us right now then Gordon will for sure improve us. 

I didn’t say Gordon was better. Gordon for 40m in our system is better value than Antony and Sancho for 80m each for Man United. 

I think Sancho is a very talented player but his application isn’t there. But Gordon might actually be more talented than Antony. Gordon is quicker, better work rate and can actually use his weaker foot. From what I’ve seen, Antony is bang average man.  I don’t think he’s any more talented than the likes of Sinesterra(sp?), Bowen, the other West Ham wide player, Olise etc. 

Antony might prove me wrong but I don’t see a baller at all.  

54 minutes ago, Flip said:

Antony looks dreadful at times, but he was actually really good for Ajax and even the national side last season. Not sure if he’s having trouble adapting or the fee got to his stupid head and he think he’s already the deal. I’d have Antony and Sancho ahead of Gordon any day of the week though. Both are better footballers. That being said, if Jacob Murphy is doing a job for us right now than Gordon will for sure improve us. 

Antony lacks explosive pace to go past his man, this means he lacks the ability to go both inside and outside and makes him too predicatble to defend against. He's good at dribbling and maintaining possession (which is why Ten Hag likes him in his system) but he can't actually create anything in the premier league.

I think Sancho's problem is down to his mentality. 

Edited by Joey47

It's going to be really interesting in the summer to see who we bring in at RW/LW. Because as I see it we've already got ASM, Gordon and Miggy (Isak also can play out wide) who will be desperate to start next season. You add maybe Diaby or Thuram into that and you've got a very versatile set of 4/5 wide players who you can rely on to produce something. 

Gordon has 11 games left to show Howe what he'll bring next season. I've been impressed so far with the limited amount I've seen but obviously he just needs to start getting those goals and assists to let us all know he's the real deal.