Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Also, if you believe you can get an elite CM in the summer you might not want to buy a lesser one in Jan. 

Spending 3m on a loan midfielder in stead of Ashby would be the sensible thing to do.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Spending 3m on a loan midfielder in stead of Ashby would be the sensible thing to do.

We tried for a loan. Berge and Gallagher (both would have probably cost double that £3m even as a loan fee as well) but neither club would deal.

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Same, he has all the attributes. 

I think pace is the only attribute where he’s above average. Technically I think he is probably inferior to Almiron, and of course Almiron has pace as well.

I’m still struggling to be optimistic about him. I wouldn’t mind if he wasn’t signed for purple money.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think pace is the only attribute where he’s above average. Technically I think he is probably inferior to Almiron, and of course Almiron has pace as well.

I’m still struggling to be optimistic about him. I wouldn’t mind if he wasn’t signed for purple money.

can i get a wat wat

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

can i get a wat wat

I don’t think either are very good technically btw, but Almiron can occasionally strike a ball properly. Gordon doesn’t look like a player that will ever produce many goals or assists IMO.

Edited by Kimbo

2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

He clearly has something about him, just need to figure out what his best position is. 

😩 half our fucking squad are trying to figure out what their best position is.

Not going to fully judge a player based on 1 start away at Man City, but Eddie Howe spent 45 million on this chap, he must have had a reason, I mean, surely he didn’t buy him to play on the left wing knowing he’ll cut infield again and again.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not going to fully judge a player based on 1 start away at Man City, but Eddie Howe spent 45 million on this chap, he must have had a reason, I mean, surely he didn’t buy him to play on the left wing knowing he’ll cut infield again and again.

He has the potential to play in multiple positions which will give us a lot of flexibility but for now it’s identifying a position where he’s dangerous. We’ll find out a lot more next week as this game was never going to be easy for a new player to come into, especially when he’s supported by Burn on that side 

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Well maybe he did, every winger we play cuts in. 

He’s supposed to be one of the quickest players in the league but wasn’t interested at all in taking on Walker.

After his debut cameo, he’s shown virtually nothing. Still early days but it’s not unfair to be concerned.