Anthony Gordon

Jack27

It reminds me of when Lee Clark did it to Keegan, shat himself when Keegan threatened to sell him, and it never happened again.

I was fine with it until I saw him shrugging off Howe like that. Totally unacceptable and over barely anything as well. 

I'd warm to Gordon far more if he stayed on his feet and stopped falling over like a big tart. He did it all the time for Everton and it is creeping back. Hope he changes my view, because he doesn't float my boat.

I didn’t particularly want us to sign him. Wasn’t keen on the fee we paid for him. However the response on social media with every page sharing that same video has caused a massive over reaction from some of our fans. 

In the past, we've had fiery characters who can change the team by itself. Bellamy, Ben Arfa, and Dyer spring to mind. I just don't see Howe putting up with any of this crap no matter how good you are. Like I said, it's probably nothing but only if it doesn't happen again. 

He's looked really tidy and has a bit of pace IMO.

You can see he's desperate for a goal to feel settled in and part of it, rather than a passenger (and I don't think he has been, he's contributed well, but he may feel without it, his price tag looms large).

Does it again, he'll be out the door or at least playing in the reserves. Petulant little fucker. 

He's got a lot to prove, so far he's looked ok in his cameo's, but what we all need to see from him is a change in mindset, and that he can be part of a team. 

20 hours ago, mikejaxer said:

You know that filter that swaps people's faces around? Someone should do that on this.

Unless this is a picture with that already applied.

Ask and you will recieve

Face-App-1681068580018.jpg.a8700db8b07da16cbc0e6be5b23eb9de.jpgFace-App-1681068348850.jpg.bf34de51eb0c1209b897510c5c19461d.jpg

Edited by NUFC

In his welcome video Schar said to Gordon that Gordon needed to earn Schar’s protection. As far as I’m concerned he’s still yet to earn it. Needs to wind his neck in or let Schar on him one v one after training

Schar came through years of Bruce abuse. I can’t imagine he takes nicely to seeing Gordon treat Sir Eddie like that!

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Does it again, he'll be out the door or at least playing in the reserves. Petulant little fucker. 

He's got a lot to prove, so far he's looked ok in his cameo's, but what we all need to see from him is a change in mindset, and that he can be part of a team. 

History repeats and he maybe only pushing how far he can go and if does it again he'll sharp know where he's going .

He's always had this side to him when I've seen him, chippy little fucker and wears his heart on his sleeve a bit too much. No problem with him being fucked off (that's a good thing imo, no-one should be smiling as they're subbed) but there's a line you don't cross. Shrugging the boss off as he's trying to explain his rationale isn't a great look. Needs to be addressed but it's not a big deal and I don't think it'll happen again. 

I've watched the lead up to the incident again. He had sprinted forward, and then started rushing back from a forward position. He barged into two opponents, one after the other, giving away a free kick. He lay there on the ground, knackered and then just managed to get up and start jogging, watching from a distance as Brentford nearly scored as a result of the free kick he'd given away. 

It was very naive play, and I can understand Eddie thinking that the lad had lost his head a bit, and that he needed to put on an experienced player. I think saying in public that he was worried about Gordon's ankle was a bit of diplomacy on Eddie's part.

I suspect that part of Gordon's anger was that he knew he'd made a rick of it and couldn't face being confronted about it.

It's only a concern if it happens again

He's young, he didn't react the right way and no doubt he's been told that 

Ultimately, he needs to have a look around the squad and see the way Howe has helped so many players. So either he embraces that and his game will jump levels or he can act up and he'll amount to nothing much