Anthony Gordon

Jack27

After his reaction last week you'd think he'd turn up and tear it up, instead he plays a part of our worst performance of the season. i said when we first signed him that i hope he dosn't turn up to be Howe's Jordan Ibe signing for us and he's got a lot of impoving to do at the moment.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

instead he plays a part of our worst performance of the season

Exactly, he was one of many poor performances today and does not deserve to be singled out. 

22 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Didn’t like him at Everton and don’t like him now. He lacks any kind of game intelligence. He’s a very good athlete. That’s about it. If he can’t give an OAP like young a test then he needs to sort his shit out 

Absolutely. I also thought he was shit at Everton, he's not done anything to change my mind unfortunately. I don't know what we see in his game at all. 

Most of us didn't want us to sign him, but were willing to give Howe the benefit of doubt as he must see something in him, I'm still failing to see what that is, what does he actually bring to the table?

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

He wasn’t great today, but some of the balls he received from burn were awful.

I think he will come good 

I think any winger playing with Burn behind them will struggle tbh. Almost no overlap/support. 

It's been clear for a while, he is a centre half

Edited by Klaus

Not his biggest fan, and feel more confident with Almiron, ASM and Murphy in the side over him, but he is our player now so need to make the best of it - which I'm sure Howe and his team can do. Hope he has a Almiron-like pre-season in the summer and continues the momentum into next season. For the remaining games and our top 4 chances though I hope he starts on the bench.