Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Looking forward to hearing what shit Klopp pulls from his arse this season if Liverpool underperform. Total wanker

I genuinely don't understand the love for the guy, whether it be players, fans or the media, a lot of it is blindsided. In the same way I never liked mourinho or Ferguson (media especially), and it the same time everyone seemed to lap up their piss. All I ever saw was bad behaviour and arrogance. 

He's a cunt, and most people who like him are cunts too. 

20 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Willock missing in a lot of people’s hypothetical first 11s. He was fantastic last season, a great problem for Howe to have and suggests we maybe don’t need another purple in midfield?

Not enough end product for a team in the Champions League and challenging towards the top of the PL. If he could add composure to his game he’d be a fantastic player, but it’s a big ‘if’

Edited by Holmesy

Aye I don't really get the calls for Thuram or whatever after getting Tonali. Our LCM and LW positions are really, really strong and it rotates easily.

LW: Joelinton

LCM: Willock

LW: Isak

LCM: Joelinton

LW: Maxi

LCM: Willock

LW: Gordon

LCM: Anderson

We need a top LB and a consistently productive RW. I think we'll go for Diaby again tbh.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

If we only got one more quality player in who’s ready to be a starter I’d go LB all day. RW we can definitely be really effective, especially defensively. Both positions are all about improving our attacking options though and would love to see two quality players come in, in both positions. Can’t see us getting two, maybe one ready-to-go and one work-in-progress 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

He is a fantastic player, Willock. End product takes him to the next level but he’s already class 

I thought his game evolved last year for him to become one of the stand out performers most weeks for us, he is getting in to some fantastic positions with the late runs in to the box and he now needs to find that composure with his finishing when making these runs at pace because his finishing is decent when he has time to compose himself. As fans we can be guilty of the other 89 minutes of a performance going out of the window and focusing on that one chance that was missed.

Whilst he is clearly capable of scoring more due to the off the ball runs Howe has him making it is also worth remembering that he isn’t playing as a 10 for us and doesn’t take corners/free kicks so comparisons with midfielders that do in terms of goals and assists is unfair, he also has as much defensive responsibilities as Longstaff does when playing as a LCM.

That isn’t to say we shouldn’t expect more from him when he does get in to those positions and i f he can do that then he could become one of the most dynamic midfielders in the league, the player Kieron Dyer should have become.

If he can replicate that pass with some regularity he will be huge asset. He has the skill, he's got the workrate howe wants now it's about now getting that end product

Edited by Tiresias

That Everton volley is annoying as it shows he has the ability to strike a ball cleanly; maybe it’s a mental thing as he keeps scooping it when in on goal.

If he puts together his on-loan goal scoring form with his performances this season he’ll be a 50m+ player imo.

8 hours ago, Conjo said:

With Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton, Bruno, Tonali and even Anderson competing for 3 places and us being in 4 different competitions now I think we'll rarely see our perceived "best 11" playing at the same time this season due to rest/rotation, tactics for specific teams and injuries. Willock & Longstaff are coming off good seasons but aren't in many peoples best 11, but they'll play a lot regardless.

Howe doesn’t do rotation for the sake of it. I expect earlier subs. Maybe Tonali rotating with Longstaff until he gets up to speed.  Joelinton will get a lot of minutes at LW so 4 out of 5 will start a lot of games. 

More games = more injuries and more games missed through injury. If everyone is fit I don’t expect Anderson to get a lot of minutes 

52 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Howe doesn’t do rotation for the sake of it. I expect earlier subs. Maybe Tonali rotating with Longstaff until he gets up to speed.  Joelinton will get a lot of minutes at LW so 4 out of 5 will start a lot of games. 

More games = more injuries and more games missed through injury. If everyone is fit I don’t expect Anderson to get a lot of minutes 

I don't see how he can avoid it even if he doesn't like it. He'll kill the team if they are to play with the intensity of last season for potentially 50+ games this season without rotating players. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

I don't see how he can avoid it even if he doesn't like it. He'll kill the team if they are to play with the intensity of last season for potentially 50+ games this season without rotating players. 

Klopp doesn’t rotate that much either. TAA, Robertson, VVD, Salah play 95% of the games they are fit for. Only in extreme patches does he rotate them. 

And some players can cope with intense games. Pep has spoken in the past how Sterling or Vernardo can cope with a tremendous game load. You see Bruno F never injured, play 90 3x a week.  

It’s the accumulation of injuries and pace of games that will make Howe use more of the squad.  At his age Trippier will need to be rested. Wilson minutes need to be managed because of his injury record. But your Longstaff, Willock, Joe - he’ll run these to the ground. 

Only rotation we’ll see for rotations sake is league cup and FA cup + extreme congestion.  

Burn was looking tired and out of form with a fit deputy and Howe kept playing him.  He only started Anderson when we had injuries or things got stale. He was never rotated in despite the other lads playing loads of minutes. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Having more good players might lead to more rotation too, he’s never exactly had lots of options. 

I’m thinking of literal rotation where there’s no tactical or performance element to it. The way Isak & Wilson rotated  or Klopp rotated Matip and Konate in the previous previous season. Both of those had the dynamic of load management for an older injury prone player and easing a young foreign player in the team/league and intensity of play. 

48 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Klopp doesn’t rotate that much either. TAA, Robertson, VVD, Salah play 95% of the games they are fit for. Only in extreme patches does he rotate them. 

And some players can cope with intense games. Pep has spoken in the past how Sterling or Vernardo can cope with a tremendous game load. You see Bruno F never injured, play 90 3x a week.  

It’s the accumulation of injuries and pace of games that will make Howe use more of the squad.  At his age Trippier will need to be rested. Wilson minutes need to be managed because of his injury record. But your Longstaff, Willock, Joe - he’ll run these to the ground. 

Only rotation we’ll see for rotations sake is league cup and FA cup + extreme congestion.  

Burn was looking tired and out of form with a fit deputy and Howe kept playing him.  He only started Anderson when we had injuries or things got stale. He was never rotated in despite the other lads playing loads of minutes. 

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see I guess.

Other than one nice lay off been isolated. Good possession from England without much cutting edge. Madueke on right as he is all left foot has gotten into a couple of good positions but can’t cross with right foot. Portugal coming back into game.