Anthony Gordon

Jack27

13 minutes ago, Viana said:

He was also arriving from a basket case of a club having worked under a manager in Frank Lampard that is closer to Bruce than Bielsa. He said himself he was nowhere near fit enough and given how in-form most of our squad was I'm not shocked he didn't hit the ground running. 

Aye, I think this upcoming season will be a better indicator of what he can/ or can’t do after having time to get his fitness levels up. I hope he does well.

I want him to be confident and feel like he belongs in the team. Then we’ll see what he’s made of. 
He looks too good for the U21s. Great sign. Hope very much to see that translate into him stepping up to the level required. Best of luck to the lad. Hope he has a great season.

3 hours ago, Viana said:

He was also arriving from a basket case of a club having worked under a manager in Frank Lampard that is closer to Bruce than Bielsa. He said himself he was nowhere near fit enough and given how in-form most of our squad was I'm not shocked he didn't hit the ground running. 

Yep - it’s worth most people thinking about how long it took for the players to improve under Howe initially - it took about three months for Howe’s training to really kick in fitness-wise

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I want him to be confident and feel like he belongs in the team. Then we’ll see what he’s made of. 
He looks too good for the U21s. Great sign. Hope very much to see that translate into him stepping up to the level required. Best of luck to the lad. Hope he has a great season.

It looks as though he has that sense of belonging to the team there now. Obviously was very ropy for him when he first joined from his home town club the way the their supporters were going on, bunch of tw*ts they are, but just looks like he’s looking forward to the season ahead. Looked very sharp against Rangers. Expecting to see more of that in the coming games before the season kicks off. Couldn’t be any more confident following the success and player of the tournament for the under 21s

Refreshing honesty. Don't know much about him off the pitch from his time at Everton so it may be that he's been like this all along, but from the outside looking in he seems to have matured a lot in a short space of time.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Refreshing honesty. Don't know much about him off the pitch from his time at Everton so it may be that he's been like this all along, but from the outside looking in he seems to have matured a lot in a short space of time.

Watching some interviews from his time at Everton he’s always seemed to be pretty articulate and mature.

He just seemed to get this opinion formed around him because of his niggly approach on the pitch at times and the fact he looks a little bit of a scally. 

He seems aware of his potential and determined to try and achieve it and obviously realised that the Everton situation could wreck his career before it began. 

56 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Ok. Sorry.

He looks like he's got his head screwed back on now.

Apologies for being a cunt and slagging his every move last season. He literally was that unfit, not lazy. 

Suspect the same thing is going to happen to Tonali. 

We need to give these lads time to settle 

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Full England International by the end of the season? I think so.

If Southgate isn't looking at the euro u21 player of the tournament then he needs to be gone. He probably won't though. Sterling will still be first choice when he's in his late 40's