Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Such a positive player. Always trying to make things happen.

He's going to be an absolute star for us in the years to come.

If we get a real too class 10 I think the front 3 can really go up a level 

Rather than receiving the ball on the left with back to goal and carrying it inside, I’d like to se him make an out to in run from the left into the 10 position and receive the ball there with Isak or Wilson on the CB’s shoulder looking or a through ball or making space for Gordon to try a shot. 
Hes definitely got the pace for it. I also think he controls the ball a lot better like that than with his back to goal and defender up his arse as he’s not very strong.

This tactic does requIre someone to make a nice weighted pass so he doesn’t have to break stride. Might work best if the ball comes from either a LB or Botman who probably has the passing range to execute.

I think Gordon has been one of the positives of this season.

He has looked one of our best players in the games played and puts in a shift.

Would like to see him in a N°10 role if eddie were to tinker and play a 4231

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Rather than receiving the ball on the left with back to goal and carrying it inside, I’d like to se him make an out to in run from the left into the 10 position and receive the ball there with Isak or Wilson on the CB’s shoulder looking or a through ball or making space for Gordon to try a shot. 
Hes definitely got the pace for it. I also think he controls the ball a lot better like that than with his back to goal and defender up his arse as he’s not very strong.

This tactic does requIre someone to make a nice weighted pass so he doesn’t have to break stride. Might work best if the ball comes from either a LB or Botman who probably has the passing range to execute.

Looking at Howe to do more with the wingers. Each one seems to do what he wants (to some degree). 

If you have inverted wingers who cut inside I think it’s imperative to have overlapping fullbacks, otherwise it becomes very predictable and easy to defend.

I think against Liverpool he went down the outside a couple of times, but needs to guard against constantly cutting inside all the time, especially at home against a well organised defence sitting deep.

Ideally we want a fluent front 3 constantly interchanging a bit like Arsenal did with Henry, Bergamp, Wiltord and Pires.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

If you have inverted wingers who cut inside I think it’s imperative to have overlapping fullbacks, otherwise it becomes very predictable and easy to defend.

I think against Liverpool he went down the outside a couple of times, but needs to guard against constantly cutting inside all the time, especially at home against a well organised defence sitting deep.

Ideally we want a fluent front 3 constantly interchanging a bit like Arsenal did with Henry, Bergamp, Wiltord and Pires.

Against Brentford I think they were told to stay wide to pin the wingbacks. 

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

League cup isn’t it ? Bruno’s red in the league cup last season counted for league games ?

Aye, was thinking the Bruno situation too. He missed the league games after to be able to play in the final. In Gordon's case, he would miss the City tie so then be available for Wolves away. But I maybe wrong though if rules has changed.

Think the rule is that 5 yellows In the league makes a suspension in the league only, but a direct red in the cup meant his suspension was in both competitions.

Rule changed a few years back to stop players deliberately getting a 5th booking directly before a league cup game.