Anthony Gordon

Jack27

On 25/09/2023 at 22:30, AyeDubbleYoo said:

His first 6 months were fine, totally normal for a young player moving clubs. We just hated him because he was a little scouse rat who people didn’t like. 

Speak for yourself, I thought he was Ben Arfa after his first pass (and then didn’t).

22 hours ago, GEFAFWISP said:

I don't think this reframing that everyone hated him for being a diving rat faced knacker is 100% on point. He had displayed some weakness with positional awareness and discipline as well as shooing technique, aside his histrionics. Now two of those Eddie is turning around, and he seems to be less of a whingy cunt for us too, but he was very much a rough diamond when we splashed on him. He's class now though, long may it continue.

As an aside, Everton youth products are usually dump after leaving Merseyside; Cadamarteri, Jeffers, Vaughan, Baxter, Rodwell...et al. Always wary of their academy.

People who slagged him to high heaven will reframe it as ‘all of us’.

I thought he had a decent amount of positive moments last season, tbh, but they largely seemed to come when he was a sub rather than a starter. Obviously not much output (although he did provide a few good chances) but some intelligent touches, movement, and build up play.

The main difference this season is his drive to go forward and run at the opposition. He was far less confident in this side of his game last season, cutting in & playing simpler passes extremely often apart from one half against Southampton. I think his dribbling stats were generally pretty poor.

1 hour ago, arnonel said:

Reading the first few pages of this thread is amazing

On 13/05/2023 at 17:32, Kid Icarus said:

Read from page 191 if you want a good laugh.

Sorry, just posting this now to save me doing it this time next year.

Hei, when will they learn eh

On 14/05/2023 at 10:25, brummie said:

I haven’t seen much of him so don’t feel qualified to say if he’s worth the money or not, but I would suspect that coming from a team which has been so shit for so long, at which you’ve spent your whole career, it is going to take a while to “wash that off” and be in a position to start delivering your best. Imagine what playing for Everton does to your confidence. 

I’d suggest giving him a pass for this season and seeing what he does next year. 

Of course, that’s easy for me to say with it not being my club.

Brummie once again proving he's one of the best posters on this place :lol: 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

People do realise everyone who was wrong about him (does need to do it for longer than 6 matches), is absolutely delighted to be so ?

I doubt it's everyone like :lol: there'll be some posters or a poster who I reckon would rather be right. Even then none of it makes it any less funny like. 

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Page 191 or car crash as we like to call it

Had to look and see what match it was, I assumed he must've played the majority of the game and we had lost. He played 27 minutes and got taken out for their red card and we drew due to a massively deflected shot. They all played below par that day.

6 minutes ago, KDT said:

Had to look and see what match it was, I assumed he must've played the majority of the game and we had lost. He played 27 minutes and got taken out for their red card and we drew due to a massively deflected shot. They all played below par that day.

Even this didnt help work out the game, had to actually check .com to see who we played

The point is that people are far far too quick to call players shite after a handful of games. I remember one of the match threads being horrendous. I get that people can change their minds and be pleased but how about we try not to be so damning about players performances in the first instance? I said this a few weeks ago, but I’m trying to switch towards recognising good things players do and stating that, instead of joining in the criticism. It’s not always been my way, granted. 

A lot of our fans seemed to have had their mind made up before even signed.. a lot of negative emotion came out because he’d been a shithouse against us before, ugly etc :lol: It really felt like a lot of us were just waiting for their chance to label him a shit waste of £40m. 

Glad he’s proving the doubters wrong, his assets were always clearly a good fit for our system and squad. Think I said back in the summer he was the player I was most excited about developing here, something along those lines. Can’t quite claim my ‘I was right’ badge just yet after only 6 games but I have a feeling he will continue to win everyone over. 

On 07/08/2023 at 15:57, Nine said:

Eventually this will sink in for the vast majority of the fan base I think, once everyone sees how good Gordon is and how well he can potentially function in our system it will open some more eyes. Taking his age and circumstance into account (only been here a short time and has had limited minutes) you can only imagine how much room he has to grow here.. he is the player that excites me the most as far as how much he can improve from here.

Edited by Nine