Anthony Gordon

Jack27

7 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Celebrating a £45m transfer by going to JD Sports to buy a Nike tech fleece is about as Scouse as it gets, like [emoji38]

The fleece would be fine. It’s the Air Max 95s he needs to get in the sea for. [emoji38]

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Exactly. Edwards led with the Gordon story and was dismissed because not only do people on here have a massive agenda against Edwards but they were not wanting us to sign Gordon so they rubbished the report further. I’ve accepted many on here are beyond sensible reasoning 🙂

The agenda against him is because he's an antagonistic, contrarian, conceited bellend who also regularly gets things wrong and revels in needlessly winding people up. But then most journalists are narcissistic tbh, even the better ones.

Football fandom is full of irrational hatred, so it would hardly be a big deal anyway, but at least in Edwards' case it IS backed up with sensible reasoning 

Aye, we generally hate most refs, most other clubs and their fans, other managers, a lot of players and most commentators and journalists. The forum is essentially a one-stop shop for venting. It just so happens that of all the people we complain about, Edward’s is extremely worthy of criticism. I don’t really care about how good or bad his info is if he’s a complete knacker

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean in this case I agree, his tweet adds nowt as we’ve known Gordon is here for a day, but he’s quite clearly one of the most reliable voices on Twitter (outside of those who literally only comment on done deals) so using him as a ‘news aggregator’ makes sense.

It's solely what I use their tweets for.

It's the baiting, attacking and winding up of the fans who are his target audience that separate Edwards from the rest. You expect it from suvvernahs on Talksport like Cundy and Simon Jordan but someone actually reporting on Newcastle United for a living and actively goading the fans like he does... he deserves all the shit he gets and more, the weird bald prick.

There's a difference in tone between the stick you see the likes of Lee Ryder or Caulkin get when they get something wrong or say something daft versus Edwards because it's accepted that the former two can be thick and naive respectively but without meaning to upset anyone. Edwards actually thrives on winding Newcastle supporters up.

Edited by Pilko

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

100%.  He honestly thinks he’s out there telling brave truths in a jokey manner, the Bill Hicks of North East football hacks.  I saw this tweet from him on here:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1619416589711073281?cxt=HHwWgoDT0d2zqfksAAAA

and my only reaction was a head shake and thinking ‘you sad cunt’.  Honestly, someone who knows him should just tell him to get off Twitter, or just use it to post links to his articles.  

Yet I see that Tweet and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Especially when you partner it up with his other Tweet about Maddison. Both are perfectly fair, balanced takes on the situation and make sense. Anyway each to their own 🙂

It's not the prettiest of smiles but I have to say I'm already softening to him from all these pictures. Looks like such a genuine smile, like he's genuinely happy to be out of that dumpster fire of a club and enjoying the positive atmosphere.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yet I see that Tweet and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Especially when you partner it up with his other Tweet about Maddison. Both are perfectly fair, balanced takes on the situation and make sense. Anyway each to their own 🙂

Strange how people see differences in the same thing. I see a tweet that says nothing and is patronising.

Edwards has been more bearable by his standards by usual of late.

Helps that he's not lecturing folk on budgets despite fundamentally misunderstanding FFP, kissing Bruce's arse or not pushing the Telegraph agenda.

Edited by The Prophet

I don’t rate Edwards as a journalist - his defence of Bruce which was entirely predicated on access, and the absolute pantshitting stupidity of hitching your wagon to a Henry Mauriss takeover are massive blots on his copybook - but some of our fans need to lighten up.

The man has admitted to deliberately trying to wind our supporters up and yet people still fall for his shit. He’s getting paid to tweet like a bellend, we’re not. Ignore him.

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

All these little snippets of him being out and about dont happen with other players - its almost like we are being rat-washed.

This a piss take or just a shit take

Edited by Groundhog63