Anthony Gordon

Jack27

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Do you not think our coaching has already helped so many of our players like?

Depends what you mean by coaching.  

I think 99% of it is 1. playing players in a way that utilises their strengths most and limits their weaknesses and 2. playing with more confidence. 

Miggy is playing with a lot more confidence and is playing a lot closer to goal.  He can win the ball high due to his work rate and then he’s in on goal. Perhaps his movement has been coached better. But mostly it’s making the most of his skills and confidence. Joelinton has the same limitations he’s always had.  But now he’s using his physicality and engine in a way we couldn’t imagine.  And he has confidence. Schar is better defending higher up the pitch etc. 

Btw with Gordon, hes big but weak.  I can see him developing strength and being quick and strong. Bundling players over. He’s got the size to be an aerial threat too. His off the ball play could improve too. 

But that cuteness, that technical ability. It’s never going to be a strength. 

Like James Milner improved tremendously as a player and changed positions. Achieved so much. But he never became a cute attacker like Nobby Solano

He's tactically woeful off the ball, headless, but that can be coached. What I'm not sure can be sorted is his final third incisiveness, think he's destined to be a blunt grafter and I can see people giving him the ASM treatment eventually. I'll be glad to be wrong.

39 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

He's tactically woeful off the ball, headless, but that can be coached. What I'm not sure can be sorted is his final third incisiveness, think he's destined to be a blunt grafter and I can see people giving him the ASM treatment eventually. I'll be glad to be wrong.

I doubt you've ever been wrong in your life. 

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Play him on the left to get the best out of his attributes please. No idea where that leaves ASM, but that's too bad for him.

ASM, somehow today he kept finding himself on the right.  :)

After the game, Eddie talked about giving him a free role around Isak.

That'll take a while to develop, because everyone will need to adjust, but that sounded like a good idea. He could be our Beardsley / Bellamy.

Guest reefatoon
35 minutes ago, Cronky said:

After the game, Eddie talked about giving him a free role around Isak.

That'll take a while to develop, because everyone will need to adjust, but that sounded like a good idea. He could be our Beardsley / Bellamy.

Will people give it time though. Isak is already rubbish and needs dropped.

Edited by reefatoon

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This lad needs to be starting man.  

I’ve repeatedly said I don’t really rate him.  But he’s not going to improve being on the bench.  To develop, he needs to start games and play a lot of minutes.  

I wasn’t impressed with his cameo in any case.  I don’t see any genuine ability.  

[emoji38][emoji38]