Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Played OK I thought, start him on left at against Liverpool instead of ASM (may not have a choice with his injury today) or if Willock is still injured play him as attacking midfield with Isak left of Wilson (if he returns). 

Quality was lacking a bit. Especially when he gets near the goal. Looks a bit unsure on whether to shoot, cross, pass or take his man on. But he was in good company for that tonight! 

Work rate is immense, mind. Easy to see why Howe wanted him. He is rapid and gets all over the park. A bit lightweight and naive at times. But at the very least. His pace and ability to pressure are going to be useful.

Good start to his NUFC career. I thought he’d maybe start next week, anyway. But with the injuries. That’s nailed on now, I reckon.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

Wish he'd have come in on the left right away so he had more room to run at them.

Was a shame he had to make do with playing off Isak instead while ASM continuously wasted opportunities to make an impact on the left side.

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Not the best decision maker/final ball but he’s young so hopefully it’s coach able. Good athlete though and crazy acceleration 

Didn't really see what decisions he could have made tbh, there wasn't much space, and he had no one to pass to in the penalty area.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Didn't really see what decisions he could have made tbh, there wasn't much space, and he had no one to pass to in the penalty area.

Nothing terrible just hangs on to the ball a lot, but there’s lots to like about him. He’s got uncoachable stuff though, so hopefully we unlock the rest 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

My concern with Gordon is that he lacks quality. I still think that. 

The other parts of his game are impressive. 

Yes that was my concern with him at Everton too, but the lightening acceleration on the ball is a huge asset. 

Will have to watch it back, but his little bit of skill and quick feet seemed pivotal for the goal. Just gave Maxi a half yard extra of space when receiving the pass, which he then used well, and we score from it.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I thought the Bournemouth player kicked it to Maxi.  

If that’s true then I retract my statement 😂

I thought he shifted it between his right and left foot to put a bit of disguise on the pass.

Will have to watch again to see.

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

When people say they expect improvements from coaching - what do they think will happen?

Do you not think our coaching has already helped so many of our players like?