Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, Wandy said:

No bait. If we are genuinely willing to pay the sums rumoured then that is a major concern. Wasting £25m on Wood when we were boxed into a corner is one thing. This is something else.

We just ignoring literally every other thing that the club has done since the owners came in then? As well as the track record that Dan Ashworth had at Brighton? 

Just now, 54 said:

We just ignoring literally every other thing that the club has done since the owners came in then? As well as the track record that Dan Ashworth had at Brighton? 

So you'd be comfortable paying £40m+ upfront for him?

Just now, The Prophet said:

It says that a deal of £25 million, plus £15 million in add-ons could be done a line later.

It does but people are still reading the £60m and shitting the bed. If the deal quoted is done and we end up paying the £15m extra then we/he have obviously done well from it. We've not long ago paid £25m for Chris Wood and somehow managed to recoup £15m of it, I can't see a Gordon deal going that bad that we can't even get that back in a couple of seasons if he really was just a flash in the pan last year.

Just now, Wandy said:

Its not the buying of him that's the main worry...I am confident that Eddie would get a decent tune out of him......it's the fee that is the issue. 

Can I ask, who cares? Transfer fee's are hyper inflated these days. Leeds just signed a striker for £30m from Hoffenheim wo has a 1 in 6 goal return. Transfer fee's are meaningless.

1 minute ago, KDT said:

It does but people are still reading the £60m and shitting the bed. If the deal quoted is done and we end up paying the £15m extra then we/he have obviously done well from it. We've not long ago paid £25m for Chris Wood and somehow managed to recoup £15m of it, I can't see a Gordon deal going that bad that we can't even get that back in a couple of seasons if he really was just a flash in the pan last year.

Very wise comment, we'll earn it back anyway.

Just now, 54 said:

Can I ask, who cares? Transfer fee's are hyper inflated these days. Leeds just signed a striker for £30m from Hoffenheim wo has a 1 in 6 goal return. Transfer fee's are meaningless.

Tell that to Everton fans.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Obviously lots of truth in that, guess it's just a factor for us to judge signings. Fans gonna fan.

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

So you'd be comfortable paying £40m+ upfront for him?

Thats not likely to happen though, the club don't mess around, we'll have a value for a player, and thats what we'll pay, look at Botman as an example. 

£25m + £15m in add-ons, which is what it looks like would get him, is probably average to get a 21 year old English Premier League winger.

Edited by 54

Just now, 54 said:

Thats not likely to happen though, the club don't mess around, we'll have a value for a player, and thats what we'll pay, look at Botman as an example. 

£25m + £15m in add-ons, which is what it looks like would get him, is probably average to a 21 year old English Premier League winger.

Well let's hope so, cos anything over the £25m upfront and we are definitely getting our eyes pulled out.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Issue for me is that it’s a risk Gordon won’t be improved, and for the money he’d cost, we could buy a better player from abroad without needing to put the coaching improvement in. There will be another Gnonto etc out there. 

I think he has the fundamentals just needs coaching and had obviously been at a shite club for it.