Anthony Gordon

Jack27

One thing I think is worth mentioning, is that the club seem to heading heavily towards using data analysis for various aspects of how the club, transfers being one of them, so clearly there'll be certain metrics that Gordan hits that are advantageous to the way we set-up and play.

Just now, 54 said:

One thing I think is worth mentioning, is that the club seem to heading heavily towards using data analysis for various aspects of how the club, transfers being one of them, so clearly there'll be certain metrics that Gordan hits that are advantageous to the way we set-up and play.

Progressive, carries the ball well, fast, good at pressing, can play both sides. 

Not worth 60m like, but it's a bit of a tough task to say what is value these days.

Can honestly say that my dislike for Barton didn't change while he was here like. Too many confused him saying naughty words about Mike Ashley with his performances on the pitch imo - all of which amounted to a good end of the 09/10 season and a good first half of the 10/11 season where he had the easiest job in football - putting crosses in for prime Andy Carroll.

Saying that, my dislike for Gordon is 100% for his on pitch antics and is obviously nothing compared to the real world reasons for disliking Barton or Bowyer. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Buying Gordon would be worrying enough, but if we pay a penny over £25m then I'm all of a sudden fearful for the future. To piss about & refusing to pay £50m for Maddison is one thing but to actually be willing to pay even half that for Gordon is frightening tbh.

Just now, Wandy said:

Buying Gordon would be worrying enough, but if we pay a penny over £25m then I'm all of a sudden fearful for the future. To piss about & refusing to pay £50m for Maddison is one thing but to actually be willing to pay even half that for Gordon is frightening tbh.

Might be drawing a bit too much of a conclusion there. 

49 minutes ago, worthy said:

Well the way he has disrespected people in Everton even before Frank Lampard was there and seemingly he acted the same way when he was at PN. Thinking he is the hottest hardest mackem scouser there is. Nah, he seems like an utter twat.

More shits required 😉

Just now, Wandy said:

Bait GIF

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

we should just close the club down to stop you from offing yourself the next time we hit a bad run of form.

20 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

That’s just really weird.

I mean they've got every transfer so far spot on really. Just can't understand the panic and hate over this one. I'll trust Eddie and the scouting team over people just saying he's shite and ugly. 

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Very different players. Gordon is hard working and will fit well in the press. Maddison is highly technical and could be classed as a luxury player. Which do we need more right now? I'd probably say maddison on paper, but howe knows best and I'm wrong. 

Just now, 54 said:

Bait GIF

No bait. If we are genuinely willing to pay the sums rumoured then that is a major concern. Wasting £25m on Wood when we were boxed into a corner is one thing. This is something else.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

For those wetting the bed about £60m, it's not being reported anywhere that we would be willing to go anywhere near that amount.

It says that a deal of £25 million, plus £15 million in add-ons could be done a line later.

Just now, Dokko said:

Very different players. Gordon is hard working and will fit well in the press. Maddison is highly technical and could be classed as a luxury player. Which do we need more right now? I'd probably say maddison on paper, but howe knows best and I'm wrong. 

Its not the buying of him that's the main worry...I am confident that Eddie would get a decent tune out of him......it's the fee that is the issue.