Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Alot of our fans are becoming Fanny's already, believing we could and should be recruiting already over priced players.

Can't wait till next season if we do make the cl or uefa cup, I sense we'll fight inside the top 8 and I'll be happy with that.But the mong's will have the knifes out for wor eddie and it'll end like the sir bobby saga again...

Just now, toon25 said:

Arsenal too apparently

Silly of him to go there in the first place

If he gets a move to Arsenal or Chelsea it might not seem so silly.

Everton are like what we used to be, a mere jumping off point into the PL. 

1 minute ago, Toonjam88 said:

Some of the people questioning Howe and our recruitment team and saying they would rather sign nobody than Gordon need to have a long hard look at themselves and then see where we are now compared to a year ago. Boils my piss 

Can still have an opinion on the matter regardless of how well we've done in the last 12 months. 

Christ. We're an injury away from Jacob Murphy starting RW every week. Gordon absolutely improves our first 11, and then our squad depth as a knock on.

An aside to that is 15 months ago we had Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce at the club. FFS give Ashworth, Howe etc the respect and trust they have more than earned. 

If signed and he gives his all, scores a few goals with some assists thrown in then by the end of the season everyone that’s doubting will have warmed up to him anyway (regardless of whatever the price may be). 

It’s unreal to me people will question the targets management identify as players who will improve the squad, if what Howe and co have done so far doesn’t win you over enough to accept that they know better then what will? 

Edited by Nine

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd also say that the recruitment team have so much credit in the bank, it's hard to doubt them at this point. We've had two windows of near enough flawless recruitment (insert Wood debate here). That's not to say they aren't capable of making mistakes, but they've earnt the benefit of the doubt. 

I think the jury is also out on Targett, who is reasonable defensively but doesn't add much going forward. More importantly Howe seems to much prefer playing Dan Burn as LB. I'm sure this position will get upgraded pretty quickly.

Everyone going on about the price tag of Gordon. Personally couldn’t give a flying chip-butty because its not my money. Howe and the new people have more than earned my trust on bringing players in.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Everybody saying we should go for Maddison instead: wasn’t there something earlier this week reported that he didn’t want to come to Newcastle?

Are they exclusive to each other? Maddison seems more the further point of a midfield 3 whereas Gordon is more of a wide man? Get Gordon this window and Maddison in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I think the jury is also out on Targett, who is reasonable defensively but doesn't add much going forward. More importantly Howe seems to much prefer playing Dan Burn as LB. I'm sure this position will get upgraded pretty quickly.

Targett was fantastic on loan. He seemed like an absolute no brainer of a buy in the summer.

18 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

But if he can turn Joelinton into the player he is now, and if he could do the same thing with Gordon, then imagine what he could do with Maddison.

Completely agree, Maddison would be an incredible signing and obviously my preferred choice over a lot of the players we've been linked with. 

I'm just saying Gordan, although I was really against it first, may be an astute signing and slot nicely into our team and philosophy. 

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Leicester wanted 60m or so for Maddison and Gordon will likely be half that (as a starting point), so it's hardly a case of just hoying a few more million onto it.

Exactly 🙂 Big difference between £25m plus add ons and £60+m

10 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Some of the people questioning Howe and our recruitment team and saying they would rather sign nobody than Gordon need to have a long hard look at themselves and then see where we are now compared to a year ago. Boils my piss 

Not questioning howe one bit. Love the bloke. Appreciate as much as anyone how much things have changed for the better the last 18 month or so

Still dont rate Gordon and still think hes a rat faced shithouse

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Targett was fantastic on loan. He seemed like an absolute no brainer of a buy in the summer.

Yup. Still a good player but had injury issues. He was absolutely excellent against Liverpool this season. It's hard to displace Burn when our record is so good.

Just now, jack j said:

Not questioning howe one bit. Love the bloke. Appreciate as much as anyone how much things have changed for the better the last 18 month or so

Still dont rate Gordon and still think hes a rat faced shithouse

Aye, but he'd be OUR rat faced shithouse.

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11670151/Chelsea-star-Mykhailo-Mudryk-fastest-player-Premier-League-season.html

Alot of our players got judged playing in a poor side under Brucie, I'll let the coaches decide 

I've never trusted these things. Wasn't it once claimed that 36 year old Sol Campbell was the fastest player in the league? :lol: