Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Best bit about that article:

“Newcastle’s scouting team have also identified several overseas players in the club’s search for attacking reinforcement and talks are ongoing with at least two clubs.”

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

£60m is absolutely fucking obscene man :lol: Isn't that essentially James Maddison money?

Give him an 8 year contract and it’s only £7.5m in Chelsea maths.

Edited by SteV

I feel weird with this link, as I genuinely have no real opinion of it, I nothing it. He was one of the reasons why Everton stayed up last year, but at the same time has been really out of form this season, with the massive caveat that he has been under the management of Frank Lampard which isn't going to be great for ones development. 

At the end of the day, he's a 21 year old who has shown already he has the capability to play in the Premier League at a high level, and i'd 100% put faith in Eddie to turn him into a really effective player. I certainly don't see why some are so passionately against signing him, other then the fact he looks a bit odd and can be a bit of a shithouse :lol: 

Guest reefatoon
15 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I want to sign him purely for how much it's winding some of our fanbase up [emoji38]

That’s just really weird.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

£60m is absolutely fucking obscene man :lol: Isn't that essentially James Maddison money?

Yeah I'd infinitely prefer Madison if we're talking that kind of money. It's outrageous for someone who has had one good season followed by half a shit one.

It's very difficult for any of us to reel in the hatred we've had for him in an Everton shirt and that is bound to cloud some judgement, whenever he's played against us he's been a nuisance, at 22 he's still raw and probably not had much in the way of coaching in a tumultuous few seasons at a struggling Everton. Having said that this does seem a somewhat underwhelming prospect in line with some of the names mentioned. I'm on the fence, but if our recruitment team see something in him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

Just now, Mattoon said:

It's very difficult for any of us to reel in the hatred we've had for him in an Everton shirt and that is bound to cloud some judgement, whenever he's played against us he's been a nuisance, at 22 he's still raw and probably not had much in the way of coaching in a tumultuous few seasons at a struggling Everton. Having said that this does seem a somewhat underwhelming prospect in line with some of the names mentioned. I'm on the fence, but if our recruitment team see something in him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

His was more an irritation than a hatred. He's more Craig Bellamy than David Speedie.

I just think of Milner here when I see him. A lot of effort and potential but the end product isn't quite there yet. Everton seem the sort of basket case of a club we were towards the end of Milner's time here as well. 

Would be good if it could be us that help fulfil his potential this time rather than us losing top players/prospects for them to go and try and maximise themselves.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's baffling like. Chelsea trying to get him for £50m in the summer was crazy enough, Everton turning them down was even weirder. 

There's obviously a lot of people within football that rate him highly then. 

At 21, he was arguably one of the best players in that shower of shite last year. Richarlson, Gordon and Iwobi kept them up by the skin of their teeth. The bias against Gordon on here is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I just think of Milner here when I see him. A lot of effort and potential but the end product isn't quite there yet. Everton seem the sort of basket case of a club we were towards the end of Milner's time here as well. 

Would be good if it could be us that help fulfil his potential this time rather than us losing top players/prospects for them to go and try and maximise themselves.

As a club, we were so shit to him.

Just now, The Bonk said:

At 21, he was arguably one of the best players in that shower of shite last year. Richarlson, Gordon and Iwobi kept them up by the skin of their teeth. The bias against Gordon on here is ridiculous.

I don't think saying that Everton turning down £50m based on that is bias like. Not least when Richarlison went for the same amount.