Anthony Gordon

Jack27

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They want 60 million 😂 

Get fucked. If Chelsea want to swoop in and sign Balding for £60m on a 25 year deal then all power to them. Glad we’ve got the continental targets as fall back. 

My only worry is he turns out to be another Jordan Ibe for Wor Eddie.

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

Well the way he has disrespected people in Everton even before Frank Lampard was there and seemingly he acted the same way when he was at PN. Thinking he is the hottest hardest mackem scouser there is. Nah, he seems like an utter twat.

Has he actually thought? As in by something concrete that he’s actually done, rather than people just having a perception of him because they don’t like him for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I wouldn't like to argue about it, because I certainly don't want to die on Anthony Gordon's hill however....

Wasn't he their player of the year last year?

From what I've seen, he's a very good young player, who along with Richarlison, has kept Everton in the PL these last two seasons. Every time we have played them or indeed I've seen him play (apart from this season admittedly), he was always one of their best players.

He's an absolute little nuisance, grafts, has two feet, can go past someone. Yes, before you get the stats out to prove me wrong, also remember what Almirons stats looked like recently and Gordon has the advantage of being only 22. He's just a bairn man.

I agree with those saying that he might not have much of an effect this season because quite frankly he's been part of (and partially responsible) for a farce of a football club. He won't be tactically up to date with what Howe will want, he probably won't be fit enough to satisfy Howes standards and his confidence will have taken a knock but from a long term, strategic viewpoint, I think he'd be a solid signing and player who we could see flourish.

If we sign him this January, he will be in the England squad within 18 months. Although, admittedly that's not much of a compliment these days. [emoji38]

The only other thing I'd say... if we sign him, don't fucking boo him. Proper mugs game that.

What last couple of seasons are you referring to ? He was a big part last season I admit, but he played 3 games for them the season before and can’t get a game this season ?

Just now, Nucasol said:

Get fucked. If Chelsea want to swoop in and sign Balding for £60m on a 25 year deal then all power to them. Glad we’ve got the continental targets as fall back. 

My only worry is he turns out to be another Jordan Ibe for Wor Eddie.

Ibe had no heart, you can't say the same about Gordon. Plus, it's not just Howe doing the scouting. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I'm going to be 100% honest and admit I've only seen Everton play about 8 times in the last two years, and wasn't actively scouting any of their players. Is he SHIT/RUBBISH/WANK or do people just not like his face?

I think the main issues of concern are: 

End product not being too good

His little spat with Schär and Trippier when they played us.

His general shithousery.

His face being described as ‘frightening’, ‘only being visible in 2D’ and ‘like a Picasso painting’ 

And some suspect trousers 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Ibe had no heart, you can't say the same about Gordon. Plus, it's not just Howe doing the scouting. 

He also had some kind of mental breakdown, which probably didn’t help

1 minute ago, Wild Geese said:

Apparently, the Nuffield are on standby!

Unaware of the player, but a player is expected

[emoji38] the 90s are calling, wanting their medical locations back.

Fuck me, as if this is happening [emoji38]

Be interesting to see him at a club on the up tbh. I'm not his biggest fan at all (end product looks average, he dives a lot and he's got a short fuse), but he looks like he's got more about him on the ball than the likes of Jacob Murphy....so.... that's something, right?

28 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

The most logical thought process involves both

a) there's reason for considerable doubt on the quality of this player, based on the eye test, statistics and reports from Everton fans

b) Our recruitment team have a lot of credit in the bank and will have reasons for pursuing Gordon

We can hold both thoughts at the same time and wait to see how the whole thing plays out. Can't imagine there are many sceptics of Gordon who will be hoping to be proven correct if he signs, but there's no need to discard your own judgement of a player ever. 

:thup:

For whatever reason, he's a player that massively divides the fanbase.

I think there's better value for money out there, but last season showed that there's a promising young player in there. He's quick, decent with both feet, can beat a man and is handy from set pieces. I'm not sure what's going on this season season, but going back to last, he was also one of Everton's only players to dig in and try to influence games.

He isn't shit, but he's also far from the finished article. Whether it's attitude, poor coaching or the general toxic atmosphere around Everton, he hasn't pushed on at all this season. 

Edited by The Prophet

I'd be happy with adding him tbh. Think we can probably do better at the price but he has huge raw potential, is premiership ready (although that notion is an exaggerated cliche) and we have coaches that can help him realize it.

30-35m with add ons to 40-45m is likely what I think they would settle on. I would be dissapointed if we went north of 40m on him.

Edited by toontownman
Lack of words.

2 minutes ago, Wild Geese said:

Every good team have had players with the mongrel in them, Gordon is an absolute mongrel who'll fight tooth and nail for the ball.....

Shy Bairns get Nowt

The issue isn’t his character, no one would care at all about it our about that spat with Schar if he was a top quality player.

Just now, Cookie1892 said:

i want him as it will turn everton even more against their own club

seeing them go down if we get top 4 with their star young player would be beautiful

I don’t think it would, their fans can’t wait to get rid of him.

Edited by SUPERTOON

Is there any reason this thread has just exploded in the past couple of hours or is it just mass hysteria?

Seen a few people talking about Howe's judgement of players. I'm sure he'll want him if we do go for him, but all the evidence is we have a transfer council now. The blood would be Nickson, Ashworth and everyone else's hands too, for better or worse, not just Howe's.

Just now, 80 said:

Is there any reason this thread has just exploded in the past couple of hours or is it just mass hysteria?

Seen a few people talking about Howe's judgement of players. I'm sure he'll want him if we do go for him, but all the evidence is we have a transfer council now. The blood would be Nickson, Ashworth and everyone else's hands too, for better or worse, not just Howe's.

We are in formal talks for him according to the mail.

1 minute ago, 80 said: