Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I said that bizarrely, he said, if that was the case, plenty of their players are under performing, but theres those they wouldn't want to sell, he said Gordon, anyone stupid enough to 30m plus, they're welcome? A good portion just dont rate him.

You can't blame them at some of the prices being banded about. While I don't think he's shit, he's definitely overpriced. 

Mad they didn't take £50 million from Chelsea in the summer.

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Don't understand a lot of the hate here if Howe sees his potential then we are ok. He has improved a lot of players so I'm happy to trust the process 

Issue for me is that it’s a risk Gordon won’t be improved, and for the money he’d cost, we could buy a better player from abroad without needing to put the coaching improvement in. There will be another Gnonto etc out there. 

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Don't understand a lot of the hate here if Howe sees his potential then we are ok. He has improved a lot of players so I'm happy to trust the process 

I think its due to the fact that until he signs for us, he is an odious, diving ratboy who looks like he dresses in the dark, has a Princess Di hairdo and is in the latter stages of a serious illness 

I'm no Gordon fan but the logic of he scored only x goals last season really doesn't work. You can apply the same to Almiron, and a bunch of our players we thought weren't good enough

In terms of our playstyle it's hard to say Gordon wouldn't be an improvement over ASM if we were to play him LW for the pressing alone. Which could have a knock on effect down the left hand side, we could play with a more attacking LB if we knew the LW would track back.

2 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I think its due to the fact that until he signs for us, he is an odious, diving ratboy who looks like he dresses in the dark, has a Princess Di hairdo and is in the latter stages of a serious illness 

Yeah, definitely wouldn't be generating so much debate if he wasn't such a freak. But I have to trust that we wouldn't sign him unless we'd spoken to him and judged he had the right attitude. 

I think a lot of his antics for Everton might have been because he cares about the club and they're going down the pan. I dunno of course, but possibly. 

3 minutes ago, 1964 said:

And those are his good points!

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why are we not just trying to train Maxi to be more consistent?

I think we are, you can see that by the way he's playing.

FWIW on that TIFO video Gordon was more right and centre than left. Guess he can play them all, but he's right footed.

Surely people have sussed now that their opinions on a player are completely irrelevant in comparison to the club’s, who we know are now using insanely expensive stats tools and are populated by people with a track record of making great buys.

I think Gordon looks overrated, ‘kick and run merchant’ as I seen him described is bang on from what I’ve seen. However, if Howe is interested in him then I 100% want him. 

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Surely people have sussed now that their opinions on a player are completely irrelevant in comparison to the club’s, who we know are now using insanely expensive stats tools and are populated by people with a track record of making great buys.

I think Gordon looks overrated, ‘kick and run merchant’ as I seen him described is bang on from what I’ve seen. However, if Howe is interested in him then I 100% want him. 

Does that count for managers then ? We were ridiculed for our opinions on Bruce and we all knew despite that we were right. I’m not saying fan opinion is the key thing and we should take it as gospel, but fans who watch him week in week out certainly have an informed opinion.

Our ‘leaked’ interest in Gordon might be a way of motivating Leicester to sell us Maddison before the window closes and they lose him for nowt in the summer.

Maybe Leicester have set an unrealistic price. If they see us trying for Gordon for £10-15M less they might cave.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just had a look on the Everton forum, their opinions aren’t exactly a selling point, a lot of them question his fitness which would be a huge issue playing in our side.

Their fans are attacking players now and the board has been told to stay away from home games. sportbible article

Not sure I trust their fans' opinion when they are currently so emotional. 

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Our ‘leaked’ interest in Gordon might be a way of motivating Leicester to sell us Maddison before the window closes and they lose him for nowt in the summer.

Maybe Leicester have set an unrealistic price. If they see us trying for Gordon for £10-15M less they might cave.

Keep clutching at those straws.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Does that count for managers then ? We were ridiculed for our opinions on Bruce and we all knew despite that we were right. I’m not saying fan opinion is the key thing and we should take it as gospel, but fans who watch him week in week out certainly have an informed opinion.

It applies to our (genuine) targets now that we’re ran by people who know what they’re doing. 

I don’t know if the Gordon interest is genuine, but it’s canny mad that some people are wanting us to fail in our bid for him if it is.

As if our transfer team have had some moment of psychosis and need saving from themselves.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just had a look on the Everton forum, their opinions aren’t exactly a selling point, a lot of them question his fitness which would be a huge issue playing in our side.

Think of our squads fitness before Eddie.