Anthony Gordon

Jack27

If Liverpool were wanting to spend £100m+ on a forward I think they’d be looking elsewhere tbh. As much as I think Gordon is great, there’s much better value than that about. You could get Williams or Kvara for about £75m.

When we get CL next season none of this will matter. Every player would like to come to us!

If you could chose. What Liverpool player would you get? For me, Alisson would be perfect :bluestar:

21 minutes ago, NSG said:

If Liverpool were wanting to spend £100m+ on a forward I think they’d be looking elsewhere tbh. As much as I think Gordon is great, there’s much better value than that about. You could get Williams or Kvara for about £75m.

I think the appointments of Hughes etc won’t have them buying the already established expensive players. Think they’ll be back to taking punts on those just below the cusp but with high ceilings like Mane, Firmino et al.

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

I think the appointments of Hughes etc won’t have them buying the already established expensive players. Think they’ll be back to taking punts on those just below the cusp but with high ceilings like Mane, Firmino et al.

Get what you mean, but Gordon is still in that category. Guy just below cusp, but all indications from past 12 months suggest he’s about to take that next step and be the star left winger who embraces the big occasions. 

To be clear I think we should tell Liverpool to stick it. But if he was indeed on a short term contract, for amortisation purposes that would mean there's more profit if we were to sell now (than if he were on a long term contract).

~70million additional psr profit wiggle room would mean a very busy summer for mitchell. Hope it's all a non-issue though and AG stays put

15 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

To be clear I think we should tell Liverpool to stick it. But if he was indeed on a short term contract, for amortisation purposes that would mean there's more profit if we were to sell now (than if he were on a long term contract).

~70million additional psr profit wiggle room would mean a very busy summer for mitchell. Hope it's all a non-issue though and AG stays put

How much would he go for with 1 good season under his belt? 60-70m? Maybe 80m?

18 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Remember how he behaved when we got him? It's entirely possible, especially as Liverpool are his boyhood club.

He's shown real growth as a person, not only player, since that time. Ref. how he handled the backlash after getting subbed at the end of 22/23 season, and how he's conducted himself since then on and off the pitch.

He's a very ambitious and driven person, so if he thinks he has a better chance of achieving his goals at his boyhood club I think we'd be naive to think he wouldn't press for a transfer.

That being said, I don't think he'd behave the same way he did at Everton. He'll handle it more professionally, and if a potential transfer is blocked I fully expect him to respect the clubs decision and continue to progress together with us.

Why are people thinking he's leaving? Personally i don't think Liverpool need him, they are flush with forwards. Surely it was a tentative enquiry when they thought they could get on the cheap thinking we were desperate to sell.  Personally I think he's going nowhere for now.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Surely it was a tentative enquiry when they thought they could get on the cheap thinking we were desperate to sell.  

Something like that Ornstein said. Only thing thats worrying if this weird contract lenght is true.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Lee Ryder and Luke Edwards reporting that "Newcastle source" are fearing a Liverpool bid. Interesting that we're seemingly pushing this.

I'm fairly sure the club use Edwards as a bullshit mouthpiece.