Anthony Gordon

Jack27

21 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

The NUFC that exists now, is very different to the one that was when Ben Arfa joined the club. I'd much rather have good characters around the place than folk who may upset the applecart.

Blindfold on. Blindfold off.

Hundreds have players have done this and some weren't abused by their own fans just a couple of weeks before.

If I was being accosted by fans I'd be looking to force a move, I don't think it's all about a rat fleeing a sinking ship. It's massively toxic and a disaster for his career to stay there. I don't think you can read much into his behaviour in missing training

13 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

So, slap in a transfer request and still go to training.

We literally have no idea on why he is not training , it could be for numerous reasons 

All guesswork 

If it is to force through a move , so what ?

Makes no difference to anyone’s life on here ? 

Edited by JonBez comesock

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If I was being accosted by fans I'd be looking to force a move, I don't think it's all about a rat fleeing a sinking ship. It's massively toxic and a disaster for his career to stay there. I don't think you can read much into his behaviour in missing training

We’re assuming, perhaps rightly, that he is forcing a move. He might also be struggling mood wise with the whole scenario. Can’t be easy, especially for a dyed in the wool Evertonian, to be scapegoated and turned upon by the fanbase. Imagine how his family must feel. Glowing with pride to being targeted/shamed. 

Would you take Messi?

Lionel Messi skipped Barcelona training last summer as he looked to move away from the Catalan side for the first time in his career.

Messi had expressed his desire to join up with Pep Guardiola, and he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to walk on a free during his penultimate season.

However, Barcelona had claimed that the clause had expired the previous month, and the Catalans were reluctant to sell their superstar.

Messi reluctantly returned to training to see out the final year of his contract in Barcelona.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Also worth remembering his own fans ambushed his car and chased him down the street about a week ago :lol:

That for me is probably the game changer. As a young lad imagine having that happen. Coupled with the massive mess Everton are in, I can completely understand he mentally wants out. 

Whatever happens, that surrounding his car has probably really rattled him. He’s a young lad and only human. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

We’re assuming, perhaps rightly, that he is forcing a move. He might also be struggling mood wise with the whole scenario. Can’t be easy, especially for a dyed in the wool Evertonian, to be scapegoated and turned upon by the fanbase. Imagine how his family must feel. Glowing with pride to being targeted/shamed. 

Fair point, if we were primed for relegation and Longstaff was underperforming and our fans were accosting Sean I'd be worried for his wellbeing 

Just now, FLUMPO235 said:

That for me is probably the game changer. As a young lad imagine having that happen. Coupled with the massive mess Everton are in, I can completely understand he mentally wants out. 

Whatever happens, that surrounding his car has probably really rattled him. He’s a young lad and only human. 

Yet we’ll be surrounding his car for selfies and autographs. Our fans :smitten:

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

We literally have no idea on why he is not training , it could be for numerous reasons 

All guesswork 

If it is to force through a move , so what ?

Makes no difference to anyone’s life on here ? 

More likely he's not training after receiving death threats from Everton fans. They are in full meltdown mode.

4 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

If you follow this thread closely, even that has become debatable :lol:

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s defo extreme circumstances here, not as straightforward as not turning up to force the move. He’s been harassed by their fan base on a personal level and has an opportunity to move to a much healthier club, careers are won and lost on moments like these sometimes. Stay there and he probably gets relegated.

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why couldn’t James Maddison not turn up for training?

Not turning up for training for your club that you’ve been at since a youth and presumably support is BRAZY. 

Kane did it though and everybody has forgotten.  

Cabaye went on strike when he was here too - I don't remember many being happy about that! (He'd been promised a move to Arsenal)

Just now, Nine said:

It’s defo extreme circumstances here, not as straightforward as not turning up to force the move. He’s been harassed by their fan base on a personal level and has an opportunity to move to a much healthier club, careers are won and lost on moments like these sometimes. Stay there and he probably gets relegated.

Go to Chewsee and he becomes anonymous in a sea of other new talent. Come to Newcastle and Eddie Howe’s Mighty Mags!  No brainier. Soon. It happen! 

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Cabaye went on strike when he was here too - I don't remember many being happy about that! (He'd been promised a move to Arsenal)

Nope but he came back, gave his all for 4 months playing out of his skin and the fans loved him for it. Also this was a club who were using us as a stepping stone to get these players and it sounded like we went back on our word when we didn't sell to Arsenal.