Anthony Gordon

Jack27

6 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

My gut says he doesn't end up here.  It's one of two things why he turned up today.  To say goodbye or to chat to Dyche.    I link its the latter and Dyche will want to keep him and convince him/tell him he has no choice.

It’ll happen, if only because they can’t afford to not sell him. Anything they make is pure profit for FFP with him being a youth product. 

31 minutes ago, KDT said:

They don't have a pot to piss in, if Dyche wants to bring in any sort of reinforcements they need the money from Gordon.

Fair point.  I guess it will depend whether Dyche has sold himself like Eddie did in terms of their current squad under performing and how he can improve them. Or that he needs a kitty.  Maybe they went for Dyche as he said he doesn't need many new players.

35 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Alex Crook live on Talksport has just said the clubs are (apparently) currently £5m apart on their valuation.

We'll get him then.

Unhappy player, we want him, close on valuation. It'll happen before deadline day

He’s almost 22, he has 8 professional career goals. 

Willock had more at the same age. 

He gives us an option on both wings. Competition for Willock/Joe as the hardworking LW, competition for Maxi and Almiron as well. 

The foundations of our success have been built on the foundation of gold lads, hardworking, athletic players and he seems to fit that profile (questions about his fitness and attitude permitting). 

I really wanted a player with that extra bit of quality that Bruno, Maxi and Isak have.   I think that would help cement us at this level and help us against low blocks to finish chances and create better ones. But oh well. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

‘Can’t get in the team’ is such a nonsense statement, sorry. 

Why is it? His performances this season clearly havent been good enough to warrant being a mainstay, despite playing under the same manager. Its absolutely relevant when considering the fee and a pretty good indicator as to whether hes good enough.

Edited by Doctor Zaius