Crystal Palace 0-0 Newcastle United (21/01/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Can someone please tell me why Sky decided to pick this game to show on Sky, given the other two games this season ended 0-0?

Absolute snoozefest this :lol: 

Would not call this a Noose fest.  Neither was Leeds tbh

Edited by Slim

Guest reefatoon

Dominating again here, it’s great to see. Need to be more clinical in our chances again though. Feel Almiron has been off the boil the last few games, we could defo do with a new wide man this month. Keep it up and hopefully Isak can come on and get the goal.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Problem with one footed players.

He was never gonna keep that purple patch going and to expect him to is unfair. We need to get now dangerous down the left and give them more to about.  Miggy might get more space then.

Since Leeds game we’ve looked stale and I think teams have sussed us out in full.  

Guest reefatoon
Just now, TorchyTBB said:

Willock off and ASM on with Joelinton behind him.  And Isak on for Wilson. 

Willock has been good, seems a daft sub. Would see Almiron changed before Willock.

The only concern - and it’s a mild one - is that this side is a bit toothless.  Joelinton isn’t a good finisher, Almiron’s finishing is reverting to the mean (very few players in the world could consistently keep up what he was doing in fairness), and Willock and Longstaff just don’t chip in enough.  Wilson just looks well off the pace.  We’re also becoming increasingly poor at corners.

All of them work their bollocks off, we look great in possession (until the last bit), and the back line is an absolute rock, so even with those worries you’d always think we can snatch one.  New blood would be nice to shake things up a bit though.  

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

Can’t watch because my two year old has Thomas the Train on, but doesn’t seem like I’m missing much.

Years of watching Lee Charnley watching from the stands and you are still addicted to watching the Fat Controller.