Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Was just coming to say this. It hasn’t worked for a few weeks now, but we keep persevering with it. Almiron has been poor again today, Wilson anonymous and Joelinton is wasted out wide left. We need to change that front three or we are just not going to score again. Keep dominating games though which is great. Have to say, I am just not a fan of Longstaff in that midfield, just chases shadows and puts the ball backwards. Mix this up for the second half and get a goal, come on lads!!

We lack any threat from the left when Joelinton's there imo. We all rave about the record of first half clean sheets; that's now our 7th consecutive first half we've failed to score in. Needs a rethink.

BUT we're clearly the better side. It's just frustrating as fuck. :lol:

Just now, Klaus said:

I meant in recent games. Have you not noticed we have been rather limp in the final third?

Blip. Evey team has a wobble at one point in the season. Our wobble has not included any defeats. Still third. Remember the previous 14 years? Or the entire 80’s? Like I said, pull yourself together man. 

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

I didn't see any view that showed enough to overturn it tbf. I didn't think it was a handball but if VAR is supposed reverse only obvious mistakes then I see why the call stood, even if I didn't like it.

I think the problem with the current setup is a decision gets made on it by a referee you can't see and there is no explanation. Tell us it hit his arm. Or tell us it's inconclusive so the referee's decision stands. There can't be no feedback on a potential goal.

Just now, Adam said:

Why doesn't the ref even check the video. Its a goal, so take 20 seconds to check all the angles, why are they fucking rushing it. Total farce. 

Cunt couldn’t blow quick enough.

Yet another “blow for the negative v Newcastle and see if it’s clear and obvious to the contrary.”

Fucking sick of it.

5 minutes ago, McDog said:

I didn't see any view that showed enough to overturn it tbf. I didn't think it was a handball but if VAR is supposed reverse only obvious mistakes then I see why the call stood, even if I didn't like it.

I'm still not sure what you are saying.  Did you think it was handball or not?

If Man Utd score that goal tomorrow night, and the referee says it’s handball, VAR will take 5 minutes to look at every angle in slow-mo in order to give that goal. We get 30 seconds on a blurry image which is out of focus.

Goal should have stood with the burden of proof on the handball, impossible to say definitively but for me it definitely looks like chest, close to the arm but no contact. Poor officiating, even my man u supporting mate said we were robbed there.