Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Mag_in_NZ said:

Fucking Wahey!!!!!!

thanks for the updates lads, sitting by the side of the road absolutely shitting it…….NZD3200 for flights to Newcastle, doubt I’ll get a final ticket but would be ace to be in the Toon for it…….now to confront the missus with the idea 🤗🤦‍♀️🤪

See if you can go via Aussie - parents saved about 2.5k each on a return flight to London by booking out of Sydney and getting a cheap flight from Auckland for the first leg.

Jesus, what a wretched 2nd half, the occasion totally got to them in that half. Need to learn how to handle pressure situations like that better as the final will be even more intense. First 25 mins was magnificent though and thats what they need to focus on...play like they did for the remaining 65 mins against Man U though and it will be curtains.

Bitter-sweet win for me.

During half time, I got the news of one of my most fervent Toon-supporting mates had passed away. Rather stunned now. Was only with him at the Southampton 4-1 league game a couple of months ago. We’re both exiles and hence didn’t see each other that often, but we’ve been to several away games and I’ve known him for decades. Fuck…

Feel so sorry that he’s not going to see the next chapters of his beloved Newcastle United. He would have enjoyed tonight. Won’t be quite the same again.

Final whistle had me in tears… 😞

Just now, Billy Warthog said:

Bitter-sweet win for me.

During half time, I got the news of one of my most fervent Toon-supporting mates had passed away. Rather stunned now. Was only with him at the Southampton 4-1 league game a couple of months ago. We’re both exiles and hence didn’t see each other that often, but we’ve been to several away games and I’ve known him for decades. Fuck…

Feel so sorry that he’s not going to see the next chapters of his beloved Newcastle United. He would have enjoyed tonight. Won’t be quite the same again.

Sorry for your loss man.

Just now, Billy Warthog said:

Bitter-sweet win for me.

oh shit. So sorry to hear that.

1 minute ago, Billy Warthog said:

Bitter-sweet win for me.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Hopefully the lads bring the trophy home for him.

Gotta laugh at your bunch of clowns booking hotels and trains etc. Even organising a fanzone  (with a flag display FFS)

We went to Anfield a few years back at the same stage, 1-0 up to be fair but with a makeshift team that everyone thought would get smashed. 

We won that night as well. 

You'll probably win but the arrogance is staggering and of course, you're the best fans in the world and you really deserve it.

Apparently you work all week and then spend your hard earned cash on going to the football 

And let's not forget who your owners are.

A regime that murders people on a whim, supports the wahabist Islamic code that oppresses free speech and women's rights and is basically a scumbag nation that only exists because of the liquid gold it produces. 

I'll be up there tomorrow night, early goal and you'll be shitting it, can't wait and would 'love it' if we beat you and pick up the cheap hotel rooms that are cancelled 

Is it alright if I book my flights from Canada now @Sexy Beastmate? Glad I've got other arrangements already made. 

1 minute ago, Billy Warthog said:

Bitter-sweet win for me.

Tough news, hope we go on and win it for him. 🖤

Don’t think we looked good in the 2nd half. I think that switch of Isak and Saint Maximin on for Wilson and Miggy/Joelinton  is now expected and teams will start to deal with it. Isak should start but Maxi wasn’t that effective and looks too eager to prove himself. That being said I’d deffo give Isak a start next game.

Happy to be going Wembley but we looked far from convincing in that 2nd half. A much better team would have porked us. Simple as that.