Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

Voice has gone, heads gone. 

We deserve this lads and lasses. All them years. All them protests. All the pain. 

Take these moments all in with loved ones, special times. This one is for my late brother whose last game at St James was Liverpool in May 19. If only he could see us now. 

First Wembley appearance of many. Fucking come on. 

I’d imagine that there was likely some direction pre-match that we’d go out and press them hard and get a goal but if at any point they scored (after we did) that we were just to shut up shop and let the best defense in the league do what they do best until half time. 

And if that wasn’t the case, it definitely was the direction at half time with the scoreline the way it was. 

First time seeing a flare at SJP.

Also I hate people in the crowd giving the ball back when we are trying to waste time.  Loved the guy guy keeping the ball but he got taken away by the stewards.  Was back for second half though.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Christ I'm gonna be an absolute mess for the final, honestly a bit worried about it.

We'll all be like that.  I still struggle to watch the end of matches.  I can't imagine what itll be like if we are winning the the end of a final.  Imagine we score early but only 1.  Fucking terrified but, it'll be amazing and I'd back us to win.

7 minutes ago, Slim said:

First time seeing a flare at SJP.

Also I hate people in the crowd giving the ball back when we are trying to waste time.  Loved the guy guy keeping the ball but he got taken away by the stewards.  Was back for second half though.

Nah, that was near me and he was acting like a clampit, pissing about with the ball being an attention seeker in a jesters hat 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Nah, that was near me and he was acting like a clampit, pissing about with the ball being an attention seeker in a jesters hat 

We are winning 3-0 and its their throw slow it down.  But I get it but at 87 min our fans are throwing tje ball back when we obviously need to waste time.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Sad state of affairs when trippier and Burn were having to gee the crowd up with 5 mins to go

Atmosphere was fucking shite again

No excuses

Was surprised how flat it was. Even at 1 & 2 nil it seemed very flat