[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

6 hours ago, The Fountain said:

My first top, Christmas pressie 73 or 74. Gonna buy one go play football in the street and think I'm Supermac.

Also my first top/strip (FKW, with thick elastic bands to keep my socks up!), think  I got it early 1974 for 7th birthday.
Let me know which cobbled back lane (may as well ‘colour in’ the era…) your dribbling through and I’ll pop round with mine on and be Alan Gowling—first ‘favourite player’, don’t ask why (given other choices), I have no idea… . 

9 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know people selling it through reselling websites are terrible people, but where do I stand morally buying through a reseller? Would that make me a terrible person? 

Thinking of biting the bullet, yes its expensive but so were all the away days I've been to. I've been to Plymouth away midweek (the longest journey in English professional football.),  flown across Europe (after calling in sick) to see an unimportant premier league match at West Ham, had a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away for years. Gave it up out as a personal protest at MA, despite knowing it would mean losing my loyalty points which I wanted to cling on to. Given this, is buying an over inflated ticket so bad? Its not like Its going to a random punter, I've put in the miles, attended the soul-searching defeats  (including to lower league clubs in the cub and the hard-to-get-to grounds in the Championship) and lived and breathed this club all my life. 

Mate if you can afford it, buy the Ticket, principals aside, if it's possible to watch Newcastle in a Cup Final go!

I've nearly bought one myself, but the cost of the Ticket, Flights, Hotels and living expenses would be close to $5000, that would be a helluva stretch.

Get ya sell there bonny lad

10 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know people selling it through reselling websites are terrible people, but where do I stand morally buying through a reseller? Would that make me a terrible person? 

Thinking of biting the bullet, yes its expensive but so were all the away days I've been to. I've been to Plymouth away midweek (the longest journey in English professional football.),  flown across Europe (after calling in sick) to see an unimportant premier league match at West Ham, had a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away for years. Gave it up out as a personal protest at MA, despite knowing it would mean losing my loyalty points which I wanted to cling on to. Given this, is buying an over inflated ticket so bad? Its not like Its going to a random punter, I've put in the miles, attended the soul-searching defeats  (including to lower league clubs in the cub and the hard-to-get-to grounds in the Championship) and lived and breathed this club all my life. 

I did it. Meet you in hell for the celebrations.

14 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

Just be mindful that Club Wembley have said that they’re in the process of identifying and cancelling all tickets for sale on unauthorised resale sites. Not sure how they’d do that like but it could be an awful lot of money to burn to not get there.

If you’re willing to spend big money to go then the most legit way would be to buy a club Wembley membership, £2.5k a year (3 year min term), which gets you all CC cup final, FA Cup semis and final, Charity Shield and all England games. They have a portal where you can sell your tickets to other members if you can’t go. Think I worked out before you could probably recoup about £1.5k-£2k a year in tickets. 

So the ticket for the final would probably end up more than you’d pay on a resale site (and an arse on to sell your other tickets) but you’d have the trade off that it’s 100% legit and a guarantee of a ticket if we make a final in the next 2 seasons too.

I know none of us condone violence but if anyone sees Thogden in the newcastle end, smash his little bastard head in, ta.

I think we can all agree that a Newcastle fan should not be missing out for the daft little bollock.

34 minutes ago, STM said:

I know none of us condone violence but if anyone sees Thogden in the newcastle end, smash his little bastard head in, ta.

I think we can all agree that a Newcastle fan should not be missing out for the daft little bollock.

Who’s that?

57 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Bit the bullet and bought one in the Newcastle end. Not going to believe its legit until I actually get through the turnstile. 

Did look at the Club Wembley option but with it being a minimum 3 year term, I couldn't justify committing to that. 

I hope you report the seat number to Wembley and NUFC after the game

58 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Bit the bullet and bought one in the Newcastle end. Not going to believe its legit until I actually get through the turnstile. 

Did look at the Club Wembley option but with it being a minimum 3 year term, I couldn't justify committing to that. 

Could you PM details of where you got it please? 

15 hours ago, SteV said:

Not forced as such, as I think you can opt out (believe the Glazers did make it compulsory at one point, but it’s since been changed).

However, if you do opt out, you’re down the pecking order in situations like this.

I think its more us. Man Utd are using E-tickets, so not sure why we wouldnt?

9 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

I think its more us. Man Utd are using E-tickets, so not sure why we wouldnt?

I’d imagine Man Utd have already got something set up, an app or whatever, whereby fans receive all their tickets directly to that. 

Whereas we obviously haven’t and it would have been madness to try and implement something within three weeks

16 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

wouldn’t worry about it morally 

what I would say is with reselling sites hitting £2k (plus ridiculous service charge of £500) now I’d look at getting club Wembley if you still can get them.

they are £2,500 but get you tickets to England games & other events (fa cup, play offs, boxing, nfl, concerts) 

edit notice been posted above need to sign up to 3 year minimum 

Edited by Toon1

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Just be mindful that Club Wembley have said that they’re in the process of identifying and cancelling all tickets for sale on unauthorised resale sites. Not sure how they’d do that like but it could be an awful lot of money to burn to not get there.

If you’re willing to spend big money to go then the most legit way would be to buy a club Wembley membership, £2.5k a year (3 year min term), which gets you all CC cup final, FA Cup semis and final, Charity Shield and all England games. They have a portal where you can sell your tickets to other members if you can’t go. Think I worked out before you could probably recoup about £1.5k-£2k a year in tickets. 

So the ticket for the final would probably end up more than you’d pay on a resale site (and an arse on to sell your other tickets) but you’d have the trade off that it’s 100% legit and a guarantee of a ticket if we make a final in the next 2 seasons too.

For those who have bought Club Wembley tickets from touts already, I wouldn't give too much concern to the tweets Club Wembley keep putting out regards this. 

In the last 1-2 weeks there's been exactly 0 tickets put up on the official portal, they know fine well what people are doing and it's in the t&c's for Club Wembley members that you can transfer ticket to any family member or friend.... 

Seems highly likely that they don't care about this at all but have to be perceived to be doing something. 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

I’d imagine Man Utd have already got something set up, an app or whatever, whereby fans receive all their tickets directly to that. 

Whereas we obviously haven’t and it would have been madness to try and implement something within three weeks

Aye they brought it in to stop touts effectively, got a mate from Stpckport who is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, he was saying means if you can't attend you have to re sell on. Good idea really. Could support the loyality point debate out too?