[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

36 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

From Howe's press conference, it sounded to me like he was going to try and get Keegan in before the week to talk to the players, without actually naming him.

i fucking hope not 

half of our players werent born when he was our manager

18 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

none of them will feel the same way about him as we do as fans so i just dont see the point

Don’t think you’re giving them, him, or Howe, enough credit tbh

31 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t think you’re giving them, him, or Howe, enough credit tbh

He did win the Ballon D’or twice. Played for and managed the club (twice) managed England. Played for Liverpool, Southampton and Hamburg.

We’ve got a squad with a fair few Geordies in, as well as back room staff such as Jones, Dawson etc. Derek Wright only retired last year. I’m pretty sure the players be aware of who he is…

58 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

i fucking hope not 

half of our players werent born when he was our manager

I’m sure he’s on the video that new signings watch (like I recall Gordon doing) when they join the club, to learn about the history etc. But aye, what’s the point, eh? What a daft thing to say. (Especially when he was our manager in 2008 as well…)

Fairly sure that Howe had shown the players clips and stuff from times gone by either last season or earlier this season. They'll know who Keegan is.

I was born in 2000 and have more knowledge (and club shirts and training wear) from the Keegan period than from when I first started going to games in 2006-10.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn't matter when you were born FFS, he's an inspirational speaker and a club legend. 

I remember Shay Given saying after a keegan was rehired,  he had hairs at the back of his neck standing up after one speech from Keegan. If he was good enough for Shay, he’ll be more than good enough for the current lot.

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

What did Howe say?

He was being asked about ex players coming back to speak to the current squad and was asked if he planned on getting anyone in to speak before the final and he said something to the effect of.. “I’m looking at that, there’s one person I have in mind but nothing confirmed yet” It’s in the first few mins of the press conference