[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

It's utter wanker behaviour to try to influence officials in the media before a game. Ferguson invented this type of thing and was called the master of mind games, when really it's basically cheating when you already have every financial and sporting factor already stacked in your favour. 

Is it against the rules these days? Managers can get fined for post-match comments but surely this is even worse? 

18 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

It's utter wanker behaviour to try to influence officials in the media before a game. Ferguson invented this type of thing and was called the master of mind games, when really it's basically cheating when you already have every financial and sporting factor already stacked in your favour. 

Is it against the rules these days? Managers can get fined for post-match comments but surely this is even worse? 

It's clearly already in his head and it'll now be in the head's of his players. The 0-0 we ground out in the Autumn will have been burning away quietly in the background and we need to keep it as tight as we can for as long as we can and the doubts and anger will surface :)

Go 1 down early and we're probably fucked like :lol:

5 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Even if I get my money back (which I do bloody want) - it’s the experience that’s been stolen. I’ve wanted to be at Wembley with my dad my whole life. We both jacked our season tickets in together and we’ve been going to every game this season together as members, we always knew it was a long shot in the ballot…but this opportunity was too good to turn down. We knew there was a risk - but why not risk it. We wanted to be there together. We’ve been played for fools, as have the others, but for it to be done by people, who are very traceable! Is sickening..

Gutting reading this, special moment stolen.

If you find another pair of tickets ill be more than happy to chuck a few quid your way to start covering the cost, im sure there will be others on here willing to too

Even this beautiful beach in Mexico I'm on cannot calm the nerves!! 

Will be a 1030am game for me which I'm glad about because I don't have to be awake all day waiting for it. 

Gutted to miss it at Wembley though, I hope all that go have an amazing day! 

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

ATRs are great man - a phenomenal plane.

Used to have to get on one every month here in Australia for a site visit.  It was a bumpy ride :jones:

That’s not to say others (like yourself) can’t appreciate them, like.  But they’re nightmare fuel for complete fannies like me

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Used to have to get on one every month here in Australia for a site visit.  It was a bumpy ride :jones:

That’s not to say others (like yourself) can’t appreciate them, like.  But they’re nightmare fuel for complete fannies like me

Yeah they are a bit bumpy and noisy like. When they go deadly silent for a few seconds it’s so eerie.

22 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Load of hot air by Baldy and the reaction to it by the more sensitive types

‘Mind games’ are a load of tiresome wank, and it’s ungentlemanly to use an outmoded expression, but baals to him.  It actually suggests more fear than I’d expect in all honesty - I can’t imagine it’ll arse Howe one iota

It's weird because I don't normally get swept up in omens or just having a feeling but there is something in the air.

I'm a big enough boy to accept defeat and understand getting to a final is an amazing achievement but I dunno, even Man U's form hasn't brushed aside this feeling that something might just happen for us.

It's possibly because we have a competent side and a world class midfielder like. If feels like since the takeover it's been wave after wave of success stories. Even the stadium news two weeks ago felt like another inevitable win.

I feel like if we don't win this, we will get CL. Its like our roller coaster isn't stopping for anyone.

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

‘Mind games’ are a load of tiresome wank, and it’s ungentlemanly to use an outmoded expression, but baals to him.  It actually suggests more fear than I’d expect in all honesty - I can’t imagine it’ll arse Howe one iota

Eddie wouldn't go down that path, he's got too much class. Small beer in the build up though, I'm waiting for some Brazilians gobbing off 

Im just about old enough to remember 98 and 99 finals as well as the hurt. I almost dont want Sunday to come in a way because I remember those 2 as canny abject. Throw Ian fucking Woan and Gus Poyet in there n'all. Current form doesnt exactly help but its 50:50 and we have the ability, its infinitely doable, but as others have said if its not like 2-0 and no real horse in the race I'll at least be at peace. Win and I might genuinely cry. 

Just now, Holloway said:

Eddie wouldn't go down that path, he's got too much class. Small beer in the build up though, I'm waiting for some Brazilians gobbing off 

I think NUFC has nailed the media approach personally.  Get everything out of the way at the start of the week, then radio silence.  Thankfully we’ve not got any Supermac characters gobshiting to the press about what we’ll do to them.  

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I think NUFC has nailed the media approach personally.  Get everything out of the way at the start of the week, then radio silence.  Thankfully we’ve not got any Supermac characters gobshiting to the press about what we’ll do to them.  

Do you remember Supermac"s patter before 74? Earned him Mac the Mouth. Did fuck all in the final,had one chance that bobbled up and he skied it. i was 12 and fucking hearbroken. The team pic for the promo was funny though, their was a split in his shorts and a bollock was popping oot

6 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Do you remember Supermac"s patter before 74? Earned him Mac the Mouth. Did fuck all in the final,had one chance that bobbled up and he skied it. i was 12 and fucking hearbroken. The team pic for the promo was funny though, their was a split in his shorts and a bollock was popping oot

It was before my time, but my folks always talked about it when I was a kid, and before the ‘98 and ‘99 finals.  By all accounts Shankly’s teamtalk was pinning Supermac’s interview to the dressing room wall (according to Emlyn Hughes anyway - there was a man I couldn’t find likeable).  

I’m not sure how to say this and I won’t tag the forum member in this (unless he wants me to). I’ve gone from the absolute pits to the highest of highs in a few hours. 

A wonderful, wonderful person off this forum has kindly met me tonight in London and gifted me his tickets. He wouldn’t take any money. We’ve had a few beers and a great time together.  My dad and I will be donating to a charity of his choice, as was his request. 

This forum, has been a part of my life for more than half of my life. I’ve met so many of you from this, and my life is better for it. I hope all of you meeting up for the first time on Sunday enjoy it, as you’ll make friends for life.

What a fucking place this is. I love you all.