[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Lads, it's out of context. Literally 20 seconds before he said you're a great team with intensity and a clear vision of how to play. 

How is it out of context? He's making the point we have lowest in game time? 

I love it. It's a backhanded compliment and shows he's taking us seriously (unfortunately.)

We're not here to be popular.

It'll make very little difference in the grand scheme of things- if they need a lot of injury time they'll get it regardless and we'll all be told it was justified regardless of whether it is or isn't. What Heisenberg says now will have very little impact on it.

3 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Half tempted go stick £200 on Man U to lift trophy at 8/13. We lose, I get some profit. We win and I don't care about the money and go mental.

I can get behind that logic [emoji38]

45 minutes ago, 54 said:

From the BBC:

Erik ten Hag described Newcastle's style of play under Eddie Howe as "annoying", pointing to the average time the ball is in play during their Premier League matches.

The stats show that Newcastle have the second lowest average in the Premier League this season, with the ball in play for 51mins 47secs during each match.

Leeds have the shortest average, with 51:05, while Manchester City have the longest average time in play with 60:17.

The average time the ball has been in play during Manchester United matches this season has been 55:44 - sixth longest in the Premier League.

So literally less than 4 minutes difference between us which is less than 4% of the match, like it's some massive advantage we try and take.

12 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Half tempted go stick £200 on Man U to lift trophy at 8/13. We lose, I get some profit. We win and I don't care about the money and go mental.

I did a 1er on Man U at 4/6 for this same reason. I‘ll have a couple of small bets tomorrow and any returns will go on Man U and all. 

Long story here, my thoughts on Newcastle. Mostly one for the older sods, though. 

Wembley 1955, a few will remember. My first football match, first trip to London. My dad & uncle got the local grocer to drive us down from Manchester in his van, me in the back.  Went down overnight on the old A6. Dead excited, the huge crowds, community singing, Abide With Me. Then first minute Jackie Milburn scored,  later City's Jimmy Meadows went off injured, down to ten men. Even though wee Bobby Johnstone scored a wondrous diving header two goals in the second half made it 3-1 and there's Jimmy bloody Scoular with the Cup and me in tears. Six years old, inconsolable. On the long way back we stopped for hours at a pub somewhere and dad & uncle, both miners themselves, got blathered with a load of Geordie pitmen. One of them gave me a consolation bar of Cadbury's, mind, yet from that day to this I've had bad memories of the name Newcastle.  Dancing on the pitch at SJP in 1968 when City won the League there (Bell, Lee & Summerbee) made up for it a bit, as did your last League Cup final in '76, but what you lot did to six year old me hasn't gone away. 

However, considering who you're playing on Sunday, I hope you win. Beat the rag b*stards! 

2 minutes ago, Sky Blue said:

Long story here, my thoughts on Newcastle. Mostly one for the older sods, though. 

Wembley 1955, a few will remember. My first football match, first trip to London. My dad & uncle got the local grocer to drive us down from Manchester in his van, me in the back.  Went down overnight on the old A6. Dead excited, the huge crowds, community singing, Abide With Me. Then first minute Jackie Milburn scored,  later City's Jimmy Meadows went off injured, down to ten men. Even though wee Bobby Johnstone scored a wondrous diving header two goals in the second half made it 3-1 and there's Jimmy bloody Scoular with the Cup and me in tears. Six years old, inconsolable. On the long way back we stopped for hours at a pub somewhere and dad & uncle, both miners themselves, got blathered with a load of Geordie pitmen. One of them gave me a consolation bar of Cadbury's, mind, yet from that day to this I've had bad memories of the name Newcastle.  Dancing on the pitch at SJP in 1968 when City won the League there (Bell, Lee & Summerbee) made up for it a bit, as did your last League Cup final in '76, but what you lot did to six year old me hasn't gone away. 

However, considering who you're playing on Sunday, I hope you win. Beat the rag b*stards! 

Welcome to the forum - please stick around. Love reading posts like this with stories from years gone by. :thup: 

8 minutes ago, Sky Blue said:

:lol: Nice post. Agree with the above; do stick around.