N-O League Cup Final Meet (Newcastle)

BlazeT44

Both Oslo - Edinburgh - Train to Newcastle and Oslo - London - Train to Newcastle seem to come out at around the same cost. Now just need to look at lodging, on first glance the prices made my eyes bleed :lol: Feel like I arrived on the conclusion to travel just as the supply/demand level for rooms/airbnbs went out of whack.

12 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Once I sort accomodation I'll go for Oslo - Edinburgh, seems both easiest and most cost effective.

Don’t know your total dates but www.trivago.co.uk for your best deals on hotels (looks like about £100 per night for a 2nighter somewhere dece) then www.lner.co.uk to sort your trains. Book an LNER train not a Crosscountry or Lumo, they’re way less reliable.

It’s about 30 mins to/from from the airport in Edinburgh to the station on the bus/tram. Piece of piss from outside the terminal.

Book a seat on the left of train coming down, right going back up. :thup:

Tried to see what I can shake loose on airbnb, sent some good old fashioned quid pro quo offers to properties on the nicer end of the scale. Should that not pan out I'll just go the usual route and pay full price like a common street urchin.

https://www.easyhotel.com/hotels/united-kingdom/newcastle-upon-tyne/newcastle-city-centre/book?numAdults=2&numRooms=1&arrival=2023-02-26&departure=2023-02-27&utm_source=metasearch&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign

@Kaizero

Rich recommended this place to me. 50 quid for the night and right in the city centre so will be handy getting to and from the meet up. Option of early check-in at midday too for an extra tenner.

Might want something a bit fancier if you're staying a couple of nights but all I need is somewhere to crash on Sunday night so this should do the job. 

Edited by Shak

7 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Tried to see what I can shake loose on airbnb, sent some good old fashioned quid pro quo offers to properties on the nicer end of the scale. Should that not pan out I'll just go the usual route and pay full price like a common street urchin.

Think this is actually bearing fruit. 

19 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I must say, I'm very excited by all this.

Was saving that for next week and you've both stolen my thunder and also gone and butchered the quote, you great big bastard.

4 hours ago, Shak said:

https://www.easyhotel.com/hotels/united-kingdom/newcastle-upon-tyne/newcastle-city-centre/book?numAdults=2&numRooms=1&arrival=2023-02-26&departure=2023-02-27&utm_source=metasearch&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign

@Kaizero

Rich recommended this place to me. 50 quid for the night and right in the city centre so will be handy getting to and from the meet up. Option of early check-in at midday too for an extra tenner.

Might want something a bit fancier if you're staying a couple of nights but all I need is somewhere to crash on Sunday night so this should do the job. 

Stayed here, its actually good.  Class location and clean 

Edited by olliemort

8 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Once I sort accomodation I'll go for Oslo - Edinburgh, seems both easiest and most cost effective.

If you're travelling on a week day, do yourself a favor and avoid the trains that run during rush hours. Take in the Edinburg scenery for a couple of hours instead. You'll get better space and lower risk of catching covid.

Looking like I have managed to snag a fancy and central airbnb. It's got two bedrooms more than I can fill alone, so PM me for details if you still need accomodation. Can divulge details in said PM, it'll no doubt be cheaper than anything else you'll find and higher standard. 

6 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Looking like I have managed to snag a fancy and central airbnb. It's got two bedrooms more than I can fill alone, so PM me for details if you still need accomodation. Can divulge details in said PM, it'll no doubt be cheaper than anything else you'll find and higher standard. 

91D0510E-796C-49DF-AA67-355DD69B2FC1.jpeg.62a2f8f0ebfc504ff740cb43514b617a.jpeg.e00bf56d5c9fd2b466c665bb2e4bf359.jpeg

From Aus staying in town for a while. Don't post much but have followed from afar for lots of years.

Would love somewhere to watch the game with like minded lunatics. Have messaged Blaze to see if I can get in.

First started following in the early 70's due to brain washing from dad, who is from Newcastle. Remember Super Mac first and have been through the highs of the entertainers and the low's of Ashley. All be it from afar.

Have been to St James' a few times but getting tickets now is bloody difficult. Last time I was there with dad we lost 3-0 to Man U. At least I won't bring that luck to Wembley.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

If you're travelling on a week day, do yourself a favor and avoid the trains that run during rush hours. Take in the Edinburg scenery for a couple of hours instead. You'll get better space and lower risk of catching covid.

Add on to this, Cross Country trains fron Edinburgh are often less crowded than LNER ones.