Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/02/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

On 07/02/2023 at 19:08, LFEE said:

It sold out at 160. Then I got a call from a friend Friday 12:55 saying there were some returns going on sale 1pm! Jumped on and got another one. Just had a look before and it was still showing ADD and allowed me to put one in basket but couldn’t go further as had no one to assign it to with 155 points 🤷‍♂️ 

Still showing for sale… wonder if it’s something they have forgotten about due to the final…

3DEA7056-73B6-4309-A56F-8E2A1D5A72D2.jpeg

On 06/02/2023 at 23:52, greydos said:

I’m in the Bournemouth box for this one. Apparently we get an interview with a player after the game. Hopefully I’m asking them how it felt to chase shadows on the way to getting tonked 4-0!

Do us a favour and ask him for his honest and unvarnished opinion of Gary O'Neil, would you? Then post it here. It would be interestíng to hear a players perspective if whoever it is may be more unguarded in that setting.

On 06/02/2023 at 22:51, The Prophet said:

Sounds like they're absolutely gasping for Gary O'Neil to get his marching orders. He does look massively out of his depth.

Out of his depth would be kind. He never should have been appointed in the first place and so expectations were at an extremely low bar and he has has consistently failed to meet them. It was utter madness to appoint him. There was an immediate reaction to that twonk Parker leaving which was great but you could quickly see that O'Neil wasn't anywhere near ready for the Premier League, and I'm not sure if he ever will be. With that staring us glaring in the face, for him to get the job permanently was an aberration.

That said, this is a weird fixture for so many other reasons. For your sake, you should hope that Fraser gets left at home as I think any sight of him will rile the crowd. We're usually pretty mild mannered but that could actually succeed in setting them off. I don't expect Howe to make that mistake.

Then the first return of Eddie will also create something of a buzz pre-match. It's the kind of thing that might seep through to our players and they randomly pull a performance from somewhere as a reaction.

Realistically, you should batter us. Both full backs have looked really defensively weak this season which is playing right into Howe's hands and favourite way of playing. Although there is a new left back in on loan who might get his first start. In another area of the pitch, the first we saw of Traore last weekend was also really promising so watch out for him.

However, if we somehow find that we have a point (or more) to defend with 30 minutes left, expect O'Neil to get every single player in our box defending with little to no interest in the ball once its out of the box. And then expect us to concede at least one and hand all the points to you. That seems to be his go-to tactic and the end result.

Edited by WillDanceForChocolate

If you have something to defend. I think we’ll struggle a bit.  

We have looked a bit clueless in attack and not particularly good at creating clear openings against teams that sit in. It will be even harder with Bruno missing. 

I think if we score early. Then we will win by a couple. But with our scoring record of late. The longer it goes on and stays level. The more I’ll worry. 

1 hour ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Out of his depth would be kind. He never should have been appointed in the first place and so expectations were at an extremely low bar and he has has consistently failed to meet them. It was utter madness to appoint him. There was an immediate reaction to that twonk Parker leaving which was great but you could quickly see that O'Neil wasn't anywhere near ready for the Premier League, and I'm not sure if he ever will be. With that staring us glaring in the face, for him to get the job permanently was an aberration.

That said, this is a weird fixture for so many other reasons. For your sake, you should hope that Fraser gets left at home as I think any sight of him will rile the crowd. We're usually pretty mild mannered but that could actually succeed in setting them off. I don't expect Howe to make that mistake.

Then the first return of Eddie will also create something of a buzz pre-match. It's the kind of thing that might seep through to our players and they randomly pull a performance from somewhere as a reaction.

Realistically, you should batter us. Both full backs have looked really defensively weak this season which is playing right into Howe's hands and favourite way of playing. Although there is a new left back in on loan who might get his first start. In another area of the pitch, the first we saw of Traore last weekend was also really promising so watch out for him.

However, if we somehow find that we have a point (or more) to defend with 30 minutes left, expect O'Neil to get every single player in our box defending with little to no interest in the ball once its out of the box. And then expect us to concede at least one and hand all the points to you. That seems to be his go-to tactic and the end result.

Gives me Bruce PTSD reading this post like. Don't care how good we are or might become, it's not right for fans of a home team to be this down on a game. It's obviously especially sad considering How's legacy at Bournemouth, you lot should be so excited about this game like.

Speaking of Eddie, what sort of reception would you expect him to get?

God I just want us to go out and bully these. 4 - 0, Isak and Gordon on the score sheet. Then revenge over Liverpool, with Gordon having a top game for obvious reasons. Followed by something special.

These gaps between games leaves a void in my life.

9 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

God I just want us to go out and bully these. 4 - 0, Isak and Gordon on the score sheet. Then revenge over Liverpool, with Gordon having a top game for obvious reasons. Followed by something special.

These gaps between games leaves a void in my life.

I think we’re due a real statement win like that sometime soon. 

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Matches exactly what I've been watching tbh. We're creating the chances that we always were we've just been wasteful. 

The Forest game on day one was basically one of these draws but for a Schar pile-driver.

Most of our games dont reflect the amount of the game we've had but if we win its forgotten.

Win these games we've drawn with the exact same performance with a worldy and they'd feel worlds different.

Bournemouth - not sure how they approach it. A draw would be a good result for them but there'll be pressure to win homes games now.

Edited by Jonas

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12804173/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-thinks-goals-will-be-at-a-premium-when-chelsea-visit-west-ham

Bournemouth vs Newcastle, Saturday 5.30pm, live on Sky Sports

After a week where James Tarkowski, Ben Mee and Craig Dawson all scored first at gigantic prices, it feels right to invest in the Premier League's best team at creating chances from set-pieces to score via that method against the league's worst at defending such scenarios.

Eddie Howe's side have fired 120 shots from set-piece situations to a backdrop of an expected goals figure of 11.32 - the best returns of any team across both metrics. It's therefore a huge underperformance to have only merited six goals via corners and free-kicks this season - seven teams have scored more.

Bottom of that list are Bournemouth, who have conceded 101 shots on their goal with 13 of those resulting in goals.

Newcastle actually haven't scored via a set-piece since Joelinton's goal against Leicester on Boxing Day, but Fabian Schar has had 12 shots on goal since that game to a backdrop of 1.34 of expected goals. This all equates to the 25/1 with Sky Bet on him scoring first looking particularly juicy. He's going to find the net soon, let's hope our timing is right.

Sven Botman (50/1) and Dan Burn (50/1) also venture up for set-pieces and are also worth considering in a game which should see Newcastle get back to winning ways.

SCORE PREDICTION: 0-2