Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/02/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Any sort of win and Joelinton not to get booked, he’s two away from a suspension I think and don’t want him walking on eggshells for Liverpool.

He won't miss the final either way unless he gets a red, yellow cards are competition specific 

2 minutes ago, 1964 said:

He won't miss the final either way unless he gets a red, yellow cards are competition specific 

Oh that’s great! I had this nightmare scenario that he’d miss the final. Probably our most important player. 

Bruno is the clutch but Joelinton is the engine. 

In league terms this feels like something of a season defining game in terms of the top 4. We've dropped a few points recently and really need the win here to keep momentum and confidence on our side. 

This feels a bit like the Fulham away game, whereby the previous 4/5 games we'd played well, created chances but not converted, and ended up drawing a load, we then turned up to Fulham and it all came together and they where the victim of an absolute hammering, and I feel like we might get a similar sort of result today.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

This feels a bit like the Fulham away game, whereby the previous 4/5 games we'd played well, created chances but not converted, and ended up drawing a load, we then turned up to Fulham and it all came together and they where the victim of an absolute hammering, and I feel like we might get a similar sort of result today.

I don't know about dishing out a hammering, but it definitely feels similar in that we have been frustrated by recent results, and I just get the feeling we will win by any means necessary today. I reckon there's a lot of players who will be desperate to win today, and I can't see Bournemouth stopping us.

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

Then going down to ten men really early helped on that day.

3 hours ago, Holloway said:

Think we'll whip these by 2 or 3. I'd like to see Maxi and Gordon on either flank with Wilson, with Isak getting half an hour

Can’t see it - two boring games when we’ve played them this season so no reason to expect anything different.

It will be another team setting up with a let’s not let Newcastle win mentality rather than a let’s win.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Can’t see it - two boring games when we’ve played them this season so no reason to expect anything different.

It will be another team setting up with a let’s not let Newcastle win mentality rather than a let’s win.

Gordon and Isak! :indi:

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This fixture last time fans were allowed in. :lol:

7FGLfHh.gif

Loads of our fans fell onto the pitch, some even dragged on by stewards and were arrested.

They were facing a football banning order, a football lawyer had to get them out of it.

We need to freshen it up, not because the lads are playing bad but some need a rest and we need to put some confusion in the opposition, it is too easy to plan to play against the same team week in and out, but the flip side is if we had finished more of the chances we make it wouldn't matter, but I suppose that's why Eddie knows more than me!