Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

11 hours ago, brummie said:

It does look like more and more people are realising what an indefensible shit show this all is.

I have no sympathy at all for Forest and Everton - they knew what the rules were, they both took the piss, albeit in slightly differing ways.

However, where I do have sympathy is in the fact that this is all going on whilst the club which built a dynasty from nothing, entirely by cheating and financial doping, which has won seven of the last ten titles (or whatever it is), has 115 charges against it and seems to have had its case punted forever into the long grass.

it's truly dreadful management. They can't face tackling Man City partly because they know it casts a fucking huge shadow over the credibility of their main product.

And everyone knows it. That's the problem.

i think at the end of the day, Masters and the PL would rather change/loosen the FFP rules thaan gor for chelea/city.

its the only way out for them.

11 hours ago, brummie said:

It does look like more and more people are realising what an indefensible shit show this all is.

I have no sympathy at all for Forest and Everton - they knew what the rules were, they both took the piss, albeit in slightly differing ways.

However, where I do have sympathy is in the fact that this is all going on whilst the club which built a dynasty from nothing, entirely by cheating and financial doping, which has won seven of the last ten titles (or whatever it is), has 115 charges against it and seems to have had its case punted forever into the long grass.

it's truly dreadful management. They can't face tackling Man City partly because they know it casts a fucking huge shadow over the credibility of their main product.

And everyone knows it. That's the problem.

i think at the end of the day, Masters and the PL would rather change/loosen the FFP rules thaan gor for chelea/city.

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Nope. They have to use the rules as they were at the time. I do think the PL are desperately trying to find a way out of the City situation but are currently stuck.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Nope. They have to use the rules as they were at the time. I do think the PL are desperately trying to find a way out of the City situation but are currently stuck.

They will get punished, but I guess it’s just how severe. I’d guess that they would snap your hand off for a big fine, a few points and maybe a transfer ban.

If you take the rules at face value, they cheated knowingly (also committed some sort of financial fraud) and won titles. Do you strip them of the titles they won in that period? I really don’t know where this one goes and you can’t see Man City taking it lying down 

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wasn't sure where to put this.

So how come eufa haven't binned them out of the CL for the last several years? 

Just now, Dokko said:

So how come eufa haven't binned them out of the CL for the last several years? 

Uefa don’t do draconian punishments for FFP breaches. PSG who are without a doubt the most ridiculous club in the world always get away with fines. 

So clubs only won titles because of breaking FFP rules and other clubs only won/will win titles because of FFP rules.

So everyone's cheating.

Triffic.

Edited by Jonas

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Uefa don’t do draconian punishments for FFP breaches. PSG who are without a doubt the most ridiculous club in the world always get away with fines. 

As if you would ever see the President of UEFA sat next to the President of PSG at a CL match - next thing you’ll be saying is that the PSG President sits on one of UEFAs boards

Leicester suing the Premier League. Get in. 

LCFC has been compelled today to issue two urgent legal proceedings against the Premier League and the EFL. LCFC will be seeking that each of these proceedings is determined by an appropriate and fully independent legal panel.

The Club is committed to ensure that any charges against it are properly and proportionately determined, in accordance with the applicable rules, by the right bodies, and at the right time.

While LCFC would prefer the proceedings to be in public, so its supporters and the wider world can be informed about the important issues of football governance that will be considered, the relevant rules require that these proceedings are conducted confidentially, and LCFC will therefore not be able to comment further about them at this stage.

We reaffirm the Club’s position that we will continue to fight for the right of Leicester City and all clubs to pursue their ambitions, particularly where these have been reasonably and fairly established through sustained sporting achievement.

The Club further notes that at 4pm today the EFL issued a public notification that LCFC has been placed under a registration embargo pursuant to its P&S rules. The EFL is aware that LCFC has disputed the EFL’s entitlement to impose this constraint, which is both restrictive and premature, with more than a quarter of the Club’s 2023/24 reporting period remaining.

Edited by ChrisMcQuillan

Feels like the tide is really turning now. Just hope that whatever comes next is actually fit for purpose, allows competition, and isn't just there to protect the Sky Six

And this is what football's become. I expect a new terrace ambulance chant;

You're going down with a claim for da-ma-ges!

(and repeat)

Football is turning into a absolute circus, where profit and loss write more headlines than sporting achievement. The sooner financial fair play fucks off the better, hope Leicester take them to the cleaners, the only independent panel this shit show needs is a courtroom and then we can see how their anti competitive rule book stacks up.

25 minutes ago, duo said:

Its time for clubs to join together and challenge these ridiculous rules

They could just not vote for them 

58 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Football is turning into an absolute circus, where profit and loss write more headlines than sporting achievement. The sooner financial fair play fucks off the better, hope Leicester take them to the cleaners, the only independent panel this shit show needs is a courtroom and then we can see how their anti competitive rule book stacks up.

Howay the CAT.

https://www.catribunal.org.uk