Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

56 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Starting to feel like the beginning of the end of all this restriction bollocks. 

I can see the Premier League bottling it and leaving it to UEFA to handle. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Where's this about us needing to raise £6m before end of June? Will we not just get that in prize money/sponsorships anyway?

It was a random ITK on twitter 

From the beginning of War of the Worlds - this, hopefully is how our owners are progressing this cluster fuck:

"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this Premier League with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us." H.G. Wells.

Earth changed to Premier league by me - lol.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Is Twitter broken on the forum?, every tweet is showing up weird like something that’s been deleted.

Showing for me, it'll be the JavaScript plugin your browser is executing is having a wobble.

On 03/05/2024 at 13:20, SUPERTOON said:

It was a random ITK on twitter 

What a dumb rumour. Even the club won’t know what the exact situation is yet. Each league place is worth roughly £3m, so 6th vs 8th is a £6m swing on its own.

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Meanwhile, 777's UK public relations advisers have stopped representing the company after saying the firm did not meet payments on fees and it remains to be seen whether they will re-engage.

Leadenhall's US court filing stated: "Everton is the latest shiny object of Wander’s fraudulent scheme, solvency aside.

"Upon information and belief, Wander and [co-owner Steven] Pasko are operating a giant shell game at best, and an outright Ponzi scheme at worst, that takes money in from investors and lenders and shuffles it around to various money-losing alter egos in the enterprise to disguise their true financial condition."

it’s a good job we have a good system

in place to protect clubs from these sorts of shenanigans…………

So is there any prospect of Everton getting another points deduction this season at this rate? I've got the dumb and dumber gif lined up.

14 minutes ago, 80 said:

So is there any prospect of Everton getting another points deduction this season at this rate? I've got the dumb and dumber gif lined up.

I think even if they went into Administration today there's a cut-off point where it would be applied the following season. Presumably to stop teams who know they are safe just taking the -9pt hit with minimal consequences. 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I think even if they went into Administration today there's a cut-off point where it would be applied the following season. Presumably to stop teams who know they are safe just taking the -9pt hit with minimal consequences. 

Hmm... Fuck. Makes sense I suppose.

Saw a post on twitter saying it is not impossible Everton will tactically take administration before the end of May if 9 points clear of relegation, think it was that finance expert Stefan Borston. The cut off rule only applies to EFL not PL

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Saw a post on twitter saying it is not impossible Everton will tactically take administration before the end of May if 9 points clear of relegation, think it was that finance expert Stefan Borston. The cut off rule only applies to EFL not PL

They would get a further deduction the next season though, unless they come out of administration in time.

On 03/05/2024 at 18:18, Optimistic Nut said:

Where's this about us needing to raise £6m before end of June? Will we not just get that in prize money/sponsorships anyway?

I'm pretty sure clubs take a loan of the minimum premier league prize money at the beginning of the season as they know they will get it at the end of the season regardless. I think PIF did it last season loaned £140m. So the prize money is already spent.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Even further goosed. 

they’ll have to continue shopping themselves to gulf sovereign wealth funds

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Even further goosed. 

they’ll have to continue shopping themselves to gulf sovereign wealth funds

Imagine if Qatar bought them, there’d be some fewm in the red half of Liverpool.

I'm still not 100% sure on what the current state of play is - obviously 777 want to buy the club, but aren't they currently funding the ongoing operations? What happens if they stop doing that?

Grim stuff, at least the PL have done their rigorous checks and they’re happy with 777 though so it should all work out fine*

*For the big six 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Grim stuff, at least the PL have done their rigorous checks and they’re happy with 777 though so it should all work out fine*

*For the big six 

They haven’t passed it have they?