Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

Opportunity missed. But onto the next one.

Our squad depth is not quite caught up with where our league position is at yet. 

Summer is big. 

Edited by LV

I do look forward to all the posters coming on saying that if only we'd just scored all of our half chances we'd have won today.

Our saving grace is that the other teams fighting for 4th don't look great either.

We clearly need a bit of a shake up but we didn't get the players in January to do it.

Hope to fuck there are no serious injuries today.

Just now, David Edgar said:

Pope 6

Tripps 5

Schar 7

Botman 7

Burn 4

Joe 8

Longstaff 6

ASM 5

Miggy 5

Isak 4

Willock 4

Gordon 7

Murphy 6

Anderson 6

Howe 4

Fair for the most part, I think I’d drop Botman to a 6 at most. Trippier can come up to a 6 because of that block on the line, despite his crossing being awful. The rest are all fair 

Awful performance and a poor result. To be expected when you essentially only have 11 players and no options to change. We're ahead of schedule and all, but we're massively letting standards slip. Our attacking play is now non-existent and even our rock solid defence looks vulnerable all of a sudden.

Crap game and awful performance. We really do look clueless going forward. Should have lost it at the end and all. 

The injuries are more concerning. Squad is paper thin as it is. 

Joelinton now basically a game away from a 2 game ban and all. So it’s been a costly night all round. 

Got to keep reminding myself of how far we’ve come and how early on we are with the rebuild. But it is still frustrating. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Joelinton 9th yellow card very worrying. Losing him for 2 games will be pretty bad. Looking very very thin on the ground now with potentially willock, maxi and miggy out.

Missing Bruno terribly. Maybe we will turn up for Liverpool. 

Anyway still a great season, but gotta start winning these games