Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

Absolutely shite. Theres performances there which would be followed by a dropping there but our squads so shite they cant be. Got to be happy we haven’t lost but there was a chance to solidify top 4 and we blew it with a game against 12 men coming up next week. 

On the upside we are trending to end up where most of us were realistically hoping for but with a cup final added in. 

Just so frustrating right now. Hopefully we can find that break through in form next week or in the cup final. Might be a case of who is fit to play at this rate. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Summer is big.

Feel like I've said this before over the Ashley years, but could be our biggest summer ever. This time I'm actually confident we'll do a good job of addressing the obvious issues :lol:

Didnt watch the game and havent followed the thread. Sounds like another one where any key players are out and the replacements arent good enough. Brunos suspension illustrating that point as well as Wilsons injury. Still, disappointing result but we are still unbeaten and were never going to walk through every game to finish 4th. Could do with a good performance against Liverpool and I would take a point and then hopefully Bruno and Wilson in for the final. 

Poor performance, still took a point. We're having a dip in form and still aren't losing games, not one game in that dip and need a pick up asap.

But let this sink in, 17 league games unbeaten, 17 and counting. So hey, lets not go overboard eh ? We're still having a brilliant season despite the little dip.

Bournemouth played well there.  I’m happy with the point - really convinced myself beforehand we’d lose today.  They did that Tory retirement village proud.

If this was Champ Man, I’d be playing my reserves vs Liverpool next week and giving the first team a two-week test.  I know we won’t.

We’ve been playing beyond ourselves and still are.  This team has far too much credit in the bank to be getting a pasting off the support.  We’ve lost one league game this season and it’s mid February.  

3 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

For who though? Not having a moan at you, just can't think of Lewis doing any better. Obviously Targett when he's fit, but right now, we're so starved of options everywhere

Targett still not fit? What on Earth is going on with him for goodness sake?!

Just now, ChrisJbarnes said:

Didnt watch the game and havent followed the thread. Sounds like another one where any key players are out and the replacements arent good enough. Brunos suspension illustrating that point as well as Wilsons injury. Still, disappointing result but we are still unbeaten and were never going to walk through every game to finish 4th. Could do with a good performance against Liverpool and I would take a point and then hopefully Bruno and Wilson in for the final. 

Bruno was arguably the only key player we were missing. we started with Isak, ASM and Miggy with Gordon coming on early on.

Terrible performance that, mind. Just no one who consistently makes things happen and the sheer amount of wasted possession in their final third really needs looking at. The positives obviously still far outweigh the negatives but we’re trending downwards.

Elliott Anderson getting Premier League minutes man. Fucking hell. [emoji38]