Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Our best player today

Considering he was playing in a position that's not his natural position he was superb, looks so assured on the ball

Think there is very little chance he gets sent out on loan, he's very much part of the squad and he'll get enough minutes across the season 

Looks as good a prospect as we've produced in quite a while. Composed well beyond his years. He seems to have an extra half-second on the ball, that's the mark of a class player. He's going to push for minutes all season long and that's going to do nothing but make our squad stronger. 

He basically feels like the player the world kept pitching Sean Longstaff to be. The sample size on his performances is still so small, but there's so many small things to be excited about. I hope we can find a way to give him minutes in these first few months as I think he could surprise a few. 

4 hours ago, McDog said:

I assume he came up through the academy. What age did he join?

Him and his brother were at Sunderland academy first then Beardsley contacted their Dad to get them over. They always wanted to be at Newcastle but at the time Sunderland had a far better academy.

Their younger brothers one is in the under 14 academy at Newcastle and the youngest is still at Sunderland.  

11 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Him and his brother were at Sunderland academy first then Beardsley contacted their Dad to get them over. They always wanted to be at Newcastle but at the time Sunderland had a far better academy.

Their younger brothers one is in the under 14 academy at Newcastle and the youngest is still at Sunderland.  

Christ. Was their dad a player?

38 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Thanks for posting all of the insights you do as well, it’s appreciated. 

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

Genuinely feel he’s in the best place with Wor Edward. This isn’t a 20 year old, if he’s going to get minutes in LC, FAC and even CL or league games then keep him around.

Think his emergence in pre season probably means looking for a CM on loan is probably a non starter now. 

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock, Miley and Anderson is a pretty decent bunch to choose from in midfield. 

Just now, NSG said:

Think his emergence in pre season probably means looking for a CM on loan is probably a non starter now. 

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock, Miley and Anderson is a pretty decent bunch to choose from in midfield. 

I was just about to ask anyone who has watched us regularly in pre-season, do Miley & Anderson have enough between them to cover the 6th CM spot

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I was just about to ask anyone who has watched us regularly in pre-season, do Miley & Anderson have enough between them to cover the 6th CM spot

Yeah absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

100% yes 

Which of our players tried to tackle him there? [emoji38]

Edit* 

Absolutely no idea how I’ve managed to put this in the Miley thread. Apologies! 

Edited by St1pe